Plugin code not being updated unless I restart entire solution

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 2 años
Hi
I have a plugin project called "Nop.Plugin.Payments.MyPaymentMethod"
My plugin calls the method PostProcessPayment() upon checking out.
In this method, I have Console.WriteLine("This should be working now 1").
When I changed this to "This should be working now 2" and rebuild the project, the original message ("This should be working now 1") is output to the console instead.
When I restart/rebuild the whole NopCommerce solution in the debugger, my new message is output.

Is it possible to update my code without needing to restart my solution? It takes a long time and it's a pain to check to make sure each new change works as expected.
Hace 2 años
You need to build only your payment plugins instead of entire solution
also unload other plugins.
this will save some of your time
Hace 2 años
Thanks for suggestion.
I rebuild my project in /nop/Plugins/ each time I make a change, and my DLLs get output in Presentation/Nop.Web/Plugins

So I do have to restart the Nop project each time I want to test a change? That just seems like a total hassle. On my 2015 MacBook Pro it takes ~2 minutes to restart the debugger
Hace 2 años
If you are changing code - somethings VS will let you change on the fly
Check your settings VS Debugging Options - ensure you have Edit and Continue clicked

For the any .cshtml changes you can change the Nop.Web/Plugins files test which still running the debugger - just need to refresh
Make sure you copy any changes back to the plugin source code directory
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.