Plugin Development 4.40.4 Install Issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 2 ans
I have developed a plugin using the 4.40.4 package with source code.  It works without issue in my local development environment.  However when I try to install this plugin into a 4.40.4 production environment, I get an exception during the ‘Install’ phase and am unable to bring the site up until I cleanup the  "PluginNamesToInstall": [] section of the plugins.json.
Here is a portion of the exception:

'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseSearchModel Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseSearchModel.<Clone>$()'. ---> System.Exception: Plugin 'Shopping List'. Method not found: 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseSearchModel Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseSearchModel.<Clone>$()'. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Method not found: 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseSearchModel Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseSearchModel.<Clone>$()'. at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module) at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes() at

Another piece of information that seems to hint toward whatever my issue is is that in the production site, a nopStation plugin (nopStation.ScheduleDelivery) is installed and running.
However when I try to install this same plugin into my local 4.40.4 environment, the environment where I’m working on my plugin, I get a similar type of exception during the install phase of that nopStation.ScheduleDelivery plugin.  Here’s a portion of that exception:

System.Exception HResult=0x80131500 Message=Plugin 'Nop-Station Core'. Return type in method 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceModel.$()' on type 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core, Version=4.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.$()'. Method '$' in type 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceListModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core, Version=4.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation. Return type in method 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceModel.$()' on type 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core, Version=4.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.$()'. Method '$' in type 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceSearchModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core, Version=4.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation. Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Return type in method 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceModel.$()' on type 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core.Models.CoreLocaleResourceModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.NopStation.Core, Version=4.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method

Production is running .NET 5.0.11 while my local environment is running .NET 5.0.12 and they both show nopCommerce 4.40.4 for the version.

I haven’t done a lot of plugin development, so maybe my process should be modified.  I just thought that if I worked with the 4.40.4 package with source code that any plugin I developed should be able to install/work in a 4.40.4 setup based on 4.40.4 package without source code.
I appreciate any guidance/insight that can be provided on this.

Thank you,

Bill
Il y a 2 ans
For the first problem:
1. Please search by "Shopping List" at you project and check is this method realy missing or not 2. Deploy your web project again. May be any problem at you nop.Web dll
For the socond problem:
Do you have source code? May be problems at Nopstation.Core plugin build. Do you publish using vs2022 . many people facing problem at vs2022 nopCommerce publish on nop v4.40. You can contact with our support https://www.nop-station.com. Thanks
Il y a 2 ans
Ahhh, your mention of issues with VS2022 got me on the right path.  I recompiled my local development solution with VS2019 and then tried to install my plugin into the production system I mentioned.  That worked!

I also tried to install the nopStation plugin into my localhost that had been rebuilt with vs2019 and that worked as well.

Is there any set approach or method if you want to use VS2022 for your development?
Il y a 2 ans
devsolinc wrote:

Is there any set approach or method if you want to use VS2022 for your development?

for nop 4.50 nopCommece team will use vs2022. personally, i am not using that. but will try soon.
Il y a 2 ans
devsolinc wrote:

You need to clean, then build each plugin individually before building the entire solution.
Il y a 2 ans
Im still unable to use VS 2022 with nopcommerce 4.40.4. Is this something thats going to be fixed, or do i have to wait for 4.5?
Il y a 2 ans
hkbits wrote:
Im still unable to use VS 2022 with nopcommerce 4.40.4. Is this something thats going to be fixed, or do i have to wait for 4.5?

you will find detail discussion about it here https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5981
Il y a 2 ans
rk.menon wrote:
you will find detail discussion about it here https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5981

Thanks! Do you know if the solution is to download latest sdk 5? Cause i have rebuild my whole solution in VS22, without that helping.
Il y a 2 ans
Tried to reinstall the latest sdk, no change. But, i think its because i have a 3rd party plugin which im not able to actually rebuild.  Nop-Templates.
Il y a 1 an
hkbits wrote:
Tried to reinstall the latest sdk, no change. But, i think its because i have a 3rd party plugin which im not able to actually rebuild.  Nop-Templates.

Is there any luck on this with sevenspuike's plugin?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.