Dynamic Pricing for Precious Metals Plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I didn't see the posts as I didn't add a watch :(
Is it already ongoing or can I help you further ?

Kind regards,

Stephen
12 anni tempo fa
Hi Stephen,

I was hoping to get the compiled files for this plugin so I could just add them to my site and use it. I don't know enough about Visual Studio/Web Developer to do this myself.

mj1856 said he would try get them up this weekend, but if you have some ready that would be great...!

Cheers,

Glenn.
12 anni tempo fa
Hi Stephen/Matt,

Can you advise how often the live prices are updated? Or have you published this information somewhere?

Thanks,

Glenn.
12 anni tempo fa
Hi Glenn,

The default is set to 5 minutes.
But this is nice: its configurable :)

There is a setting in the settings table ending with CachePeriodInMinutes

Have fun!

Kind regards
12 anni tempo fa
Be careful not to set that too much lower.  When dealing with third party web services, it's a matter of respect that you don't bombard them.  Caching is a good way to handle that.  Unless you are trading frequently and in large volumes, 5 minutes isn't really enough time to make much difference in the price.

Cheers
-Matt
12 anni tempo fa
5 mins I'm sure will do just fine guys...

I have just had a look in the database table "PreciousMetalsQuote" and I only see this updating each time one of the page's is visited, so I thought it just pulled an update then.
12 anni tempo fa
Yes.  It will update the table during the page load.  But if it has been done already within the last 5 minutes for the same type of metal, it will just use that data instead of requesting a new quote.
12 anni tempo fa
So should I be seeing an updated price record in the table for every 5 mins?

Because I only seem to be getting updates after the page has been visited.

See these updates in my table from yesterday between 12.35 and 22.52. Should there be updates for all day long, every 5 mins?

2011-11-30 12:35:17.137
2011-11-30 16:18:17.687
2011-11-30 22:28:27.560
2011-11-30 22:52:43.197

Keep in mind that probably no one would have visited the site during this time, is this why?
12 anni tempo fa
No - you won't see updates every 5 minutes.  If there's nobody on your site, then there's no need to pull pricing.  The intent is not to clone the entire datasource for historical pricing - for that, you would need to contract with the vendor (Kitco) directly.
12 anni tempo fa
Ah, I see.

Makes perfect sense...

Cheers again for the help. Lets hope I can make a buck out of this now, after the time I have put into testing with it :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.