"Powered by nopCommerce" Copyright Removal Notice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anni tempo fa
hkachhia wrote:
Can I add my company name after copyright? e.g Powered by nopcommerce and configured by my company name
Sure, it's possible

Thanks for the reply.
Do I have to pay or buy anything for this? I want to add this thing without buying the copyright removal key.

You will need to first buy removal key and then you can add your company name. However, you do not need to buy copyright removal key if you keep Powered by nopCommerce, you can still add your name in this case.
3 anni tempo fa
I purchased the removal key in a previous version (3.2 or 3.3, sorry can't remember).  I have now upgraded to 4.2.  How can it be removed in this version?
3 anni tempo fa
loulou wrote:
I purchased the removal key in a previous version (3.2 or 3.3, sorry can't remember).  I have now upgraded to 4.2.  How can it be removed in this version?

You can remove it by going to admin area > configuration > settings > all settings > set 'storeinformationsettings.hidepoweredbynopCommerce' to 'true'
3 anni tempo fa
But restricting the user to edit the source code will violate the GPL licence right ? . And the main intention of GPL licence was to  give freedom and how can you now take away that freedom ?
And how does removing the "powered by nopcommerce" will violates the copyright ? If someone claims that he is the developer by changing copyright notice in the source code then it will be violations. There is difference between hiding and claiming right ?
3 anni tempo fa
oov75048 wrote:
But restricting the user to edit the source code will violate the GPL licence right ? . And the main intention of GPL licence was to  give freedom and how can you now take away that freedom ?

I'm not sure what you're taking about because no one takes this freedom. And no one restricts other people to edit source code. nopCommerce team follows all principles of open-source.

oov75048 wrote:
And how does removing the "powered by nopcommerce" will violates the copyright ?

And again I'm not sure what you're talking about. Under the terms of the GPL-3.0 license, authors of open source software have the right to set additional terms of use for such software.

And you have a choice. According to our license, if you want to remove "powered by nopCommerce" text, then please purchase the key. If you're not ready to purchase it, then just leave "powered by nopCommerce" text. It's always up to you. You can use the powerful functionality of nopCommerce for free and make changes to the source code of nopCommerce in both cases.

Please also think about the effort and time that the nopCommerce team has spent and continues to spend to develop nopCommerce. Given that nopCommerce is a free and open source solution, purchasing the copyright removal key strongly supports the development of the project and the nopCommerce team.
2 anni tempo fa
I personally believe this is such a bad marketing move. no wonder many people are using prestashop even though php is such a slow code. there is many other ways you could gain money if you had the crowd.

It's just a personal opinion. From what i can see... nop commerce is gaining popularity slowly / prestashop gaining rapidly.

So much restrictions with nop commerce.

I'm not an expert in marketing but gaining the crowd first will make you gain far more money in the future. and instead of taking money from the working class. you'd have more partners and sponsors who actually have the money

I looked into nop commerce a couple of years ago and the lack of plugins made me stop playing with nop commerce.

I started looking into it again lately ( now there is more plugins available ) and still not attracted to it. plugins like multisafepay which is free for prestashop is 130$. so yea the only things attractive to nop commerce is that it's made in C# and apart from that i am still not convinced to make the switch over
2 anni tempo fa
I think it's good thing to support Nopcommerce development for future sustainability through contributions of copyright removal key. Someone moaning how Nopcommerce should work with copyright removal is not being fair to the value they receive from it. The reason why you want to remove powered by is probably commercial and you want to do that without even spending a dime on it. Just unethical if you ask me. Anyone who thinks plugins should all be free should also bring their own free plugins and let's see how that works out for them
2 anni tempo fa
I've been utilizing NOP commerce for a few years now. I'm glad to say I was finally able to purchase the copyright removal. Please continue to make a great product! NOP is getting better and better with each iteration. :)
2 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
You can remove it by going to admin area > configuration > settings > all settings > set 'storeinformationsettings.hidepoweredbynopCommerce' to 'true'

I've purchased the key and set 'storeinformationsettings.hidepoweredbynopCommerce' to 'true' but "Powered by nopCommerce" displays. Not a cache issue.
2 anni tempo fa
Do you have a third party theme installed
If so it may have an issue - you could try the standard theme for a test to check
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.