Error upgrading v. 1.30 to v. 1.40

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
I tried to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 but am being redirected to this error page:

http://www.infoappz.com/ErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

Installation log:

1. Backed up 1.30 files from server
2. deleted all files on the server
3. Uploaded all v. 1.40 files to server
4. Replaced ConnectionStrings.xml with old  ConnectionStrings.xml

I did not make any changes to the sql server database and hoped that my data stored there would be intact.

Please help...

Regards,

Allan
14 anni tempo fa
You don't have to replace ConnectionStrings.config with old  ConnectionStrings.config. Hope this screencast will help you
14 anni tempo fa
This is the error that I get if i use the nopcommerse installation wizard:

The installer couldn't update the ConnectionStrings.config file on your server. This may be caused by limited file system permissions. Please open your ConnectionStrings.config file manually in Notepad and add the following line inside the <connectionStrings></connectionStrings>:

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=allanjensen.db.2945655.hostedresource.com;Initial Catalog=xxxx;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Connect Timeout=120"/>

After editing the connection string manually the website looks like this:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://infoappz.com/ErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that I did not change during the upgrade was the SQL database. Could that be the problem? Did you add anything to the new database that would require that you set up a new database?

I tried to make a new database and then use the nopcommerce installation wizard to fill out the empty database and get this error on installation page 3: Upgrade script from your version is not available?
14 anni tempo fa
If you go to the web.config file and change
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.htm">
      <error statusCode="403" redirect="BannedAddress.htm"/>
      <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm"/>
    </customErrors>

to
<customErrors mode="Off" />

you will then see specifically what the error is.

Just remenber to change it back later.
14 anni tempo fa
Thanks walruss,

I had the bright orange theme installed in v. 1.30. Brightorange is not available in 1.4 so how will I fix this error?  

Server Error in '/' Application.
Theme 'brightOrange' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Theme 'brightOrange' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Theme 'brightOrange' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.]
   System.Web.Compilation.ThemeDirectoryCompiler.GetThemeBuildResultType(String themeName) +923
   System.Web.Compilation.ThemeDirectoryCompiler.GetThemeBuildResultType(HttpContext context, String themeName) +73
   System.Web.UI.Page.InitializeThemes() +8701231
   System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +38
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +282

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4049
14 anni tempo fa
If I upload the BrightOrange theme for 1.3 I get this error:

A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +377630
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in PictureManager.cs:307
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Int32 imageId, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in PictureManager.cs:144
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.dlCategories_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) in HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItemEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8672566
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +137
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +459
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.BindData() in HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:52
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
14 anni tempo fa
I made following changes to the database:

Changed the value from brightOrange to darkOrange...

setting id          name                                               value                                             description
169                  Display.PublicStoreTheme                  darkOrange                                 The public store theme

But now gets this error:

A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +377630
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in PictureManager.cs:307
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Int32 imageId, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in PictureManager.cs:144
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.dlCategories_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) in HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItemEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8672566
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +137
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +459
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.BindData() in HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:52
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
14 anni tempo fa
SOLVED!!!

When uploading the new files the read/write permissions was also changed. After changing the root permissions to writable everything works fine again!
14 anni tempo fa
Hmm...

I guess it is not solved yet. After logging in to the admin area the admin area menu shows the value instead of the language translation. Obviously there have been made changes to the database in v. 1.40. I have made changes to my old database and don't want to start from scratch again. How will i merge a new nop 1.40 database with my old one?
14 anni tempo fa
If means that you have not executed SQL upgrade scripts over your database if your menu shows the value instead of the language translation.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.