Upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
We just deployed 1.40 a few days ago and it's running great but we would like to upgrade to 1.50 now. What is the best way of doing this?
Thanks!
14 anni tempo fa
make sure you backup every-thing (including database)

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Screencasts/UpgradingNopCommerce.aspx
14 anni tempo fa
i just upgraded mine from 1.4 to 1.5, not sure if it's the best way, but i have no problems so far.

i ran the nopCommerce_upgrade.sql first, then i uploaded all of the new files except for the connectionStrings.config ...

that's all i did - am I missing anything? so far i don't have any problems :-)
14 anni tempo fa
Sounds like that should have worked.

I found that if I renamed or removed the nopSqlConnection from teh ConnectionStrings.config file, the /Install/Install.aspx file automatically runs when you browse to the site.  You can run it manually as well, but it may not run if your site still has a valid connection string and if you've already published the new files.  Rename the connection string in this case and try again.

From there, nopCommerce has a really nice install/upgrade wizard that takes you through the upgrade automatically.

One thing I noticed is that when you choose upgrade, it asks you to specific an existing EMPTY database - however, if you are upgrading, you probably aren't upgrading a truly empty (newly created) database.  I think this wording got reused from the new installation process as it's common to create a blank database with a webhost and then have nopCommerce create the tables and build data in it.

You may want to use a admin account when the wizard prompts you for a user account.  It will need access to the master database, etc.  Once the install is complete, you can change the user account to one that is only used for the nopCommerce database.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I've just downloaded version 1.5 but cannot see the file you mentioned called nopCommerce_upgrade.sql, neither did I spot it on the nopCommerce site for download.

Can you help me here?

Thanks
14 anni tempo fa
are you upgrading? you should watch the screencast first
14 anni tempo fa
Thanks Haydie
14 anni tempo fa
I'm trying to upgrade on Godaddy from v1.4 to v1.5.  I have followed these instructions exactly and just keep getting the following error when trying to run the install script:

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Through the db manager I can connect to my db and the connection string looks good.  Does anyone know why I am not able to run the install script?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.