Upgrade path from 3.6 to 4.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Greetings.

We have a store running nopCommerce 3.6.  Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to 4.0 one step at a time: 3.6 to 3.7 to 3.8 to 3.9 to 4.0?  Or should we be able to go directly from 3.6 to 4.0?  We have a lot of custom code and I'm thinking that every step along the way will require me to rewrite the customized stuff.

Any advice is appreciated.
6 anni tempo fa
Upgrading the database requires one step at a time.  Run each upgrade SQL script.
6 anni tempo fa
[email protected] wrote:
Greetings.

We have a store running nopCommerce 3.6.  Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to 4.0 one step at a time: 3.6 to 3.7 to 3.8 to 3.9 to 4.0?  Or should we be able to go directly from 3.6 to 4.0?  We have a lot of custom code and I'm thinking that every step along the way will require me to rewrite the customized stuff.

Any advice is appreciated.

yes, you have to run script like 3.6 to 3.70 , 3.70 to 3.80 , 3.80 to 3.90 so on.

just paste your custom code from 3.60 to any version you have to upgrade.

Boom..!!

your store is ready with upgraded version.

Hope you will understand..!!
6 anni tempo fa
New York wrote:
Upgrading the database requires one step at a time.  Run each upgrade SQL script.

This makes sense.  Thanks!
6 anni tempo fa
sk5202 wrote:

just paste your custom code from 3.60 to any version you have to upgrade.

This part is what stresses me out.  We made a ton of changes to the source and wrote plugins for our CRM system and a bunch of other systems we have here, so I'm worried that lots of that will explode and need to be re-written -- especially in 4.0 because of the change to .Net Core.
6 anni tempo fa
In my opinion, it's impossible to move your solution without modifications. It's not true that you will have a working project after pasting your existing code. You need to be ready for fix problems. Amount of incoming work depends on number of your changes.

Best,
Patryk
3 anni tempo fa
Hi,
How was your experience upgrading from 3.6 to 4.0 did you re-write your customized code?
What obstacles did you find?

Thanks for sharing
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.