Klarna payments and Xero accounting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anni tempo fa
My Nop stores are backed by Klarna as a payment method. We also use Xero accounting for our financials.

Getting transactions form Klarna > to import a bank statement CSV in Xero has been a headache (manual process).

If anyone else has the same scenario, I have developed a .net core console app to convert the .CSV files from source > destination format, between a transaction date range.

Happy to share source code to public Git if anyone is interested or in need.

Jon
3 anni tempo fa
Hi Jon.

It sounds like you have created something to resolve my current hair loss problem.

Could you please share it with me.

Thanks
Shaun
3 anni tempo fa
Hi ShaunJUK,

I just need to tweak it a little as something changed on the klarna export which has broken it. I'll need a day or so, then I'll post it to github where you can grab it, and happy to discuss.

It's a bit rough around the edges, but it gets the data from A > B without manually preparing spreadsheets.

Jon

ShaunJUK wrote:
Hi Jon.

It sounds like you have created something to resolve my current hair loss problem.

Could you please share it with me.

Thanks
Shaun
3 anni tempo fa
Thats great.

How do you get it to deal with VAT? I noticed the statement I download doesn't have vat per transaction just on the total fees.

Oh I also had problems with the fees showing as a positive figure.

Shaun
3 anni tempo fa
The Klarna transaction report  has amount (net) and tax_amount for each transaction - we add them together to put the gross amount into the Xero bank statement csv

Then when we manually reconcile the Klarna bank account in Xero, we post a new (tax inclusive) transaction against Klarna supplier with an expenses nominal code with default of 20% VAT

For the fees, we have logic that if its identified as a  klarna fee or sales refund , we multiply by -1 before output

ShaunJUK wrote:
Thats great.

How do you get it to deal with VAT? I noticed the statement I download doesn't have vat per transaction just on the total fees.

Oh I also had problems with the fees showing as a positive figure.

Shaun
2 anni tempo fa
Hi, Would it be possible to share this file with me please?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.