nopCommerce 4.40 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anni tempo fa
Congrats for a new improved version!

I have one question though: what is the policy concerning creating new features vs fixing bugs? Now you have adressed both new features and bugfixes in the same branch. However, new features can also introduce new bugs and also it can be critical to not have to wait on bugfixes because of new features in the pipeline.

Could there be a developing policy where there will be a minor branch which only accepts bugfixes like a 4.3.1 and a major branch which accepts both those bugfixes and new functionality like a 4.4?  For example, there were blocking issues with the azure blob storage which was a bug. However, the fixes for that are still not available until 4.4 is release with new functionality which also introduce a risk.

Short: there should/could be bugfix versions while having a major release with new functionality. Thanks for taking this into consideration and giving some feedback/insights on this.

Keep on the good work, I'm a proud user of the platform.
3 anni tempo fa
undersiege89 wrote:

I have one question though: what is the policy concerning creating new features vs fixing bugs? Now you have adressed both new features and bugfixes in the same branch. However, new features can also introduce new bugs and also it can be critical to not have to wait on bugfixes because of new features in the pipeline.

Could there be a developing policy where there will be a minor branch which only accepts bugfixes like a 4.3.1 and a major branch which accepts both those bugfixes and new functionality like a 4.4?  For example, there were blocking issues with the azure blob storage which was a bug. However, the fixes for that are still not available until 4.4 is release with new functionality which also introduce a risk.

Short: there should/could be bugfix versions while having a major release with new functionality. Thanks for taking this into consideration and giving some feedback/insights on this.

Good news! Now it's possible! And we'll start releasing new minor versions (with bug fixes only).

We've added support for minor versions of nopCommerce. Now we can release minor versions (e.g, 4.40.1) without the need to upgrade third-party plugins. For example, a new version only with bug fixes. Here is a work item
3 anni tempo fa
I would like to recommend this article
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/msdn-magazine/2013/march/async-await-best-practices-in-asynchronous-programming
and use these rules on the new version of the project. Currently, there is a lot of smell bad code.
3 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:

Good news! Now it's possible! And we'll start releasing new minor versions (with bug fixes only).

We've added support for minor versions of nopCommerce. Now we can release minor versions (e.g, 4.40.1) without the need to upgrade third-party plugins. For example, a new version only with bug fixes. Here is a work item

That is very nice to hear!
3 anni tempo fa
erie1 wrote:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/msdn-magazine/2013/march/async-await-best-practices-in-asynchronous-programming
and use these rules on the new version of the project. Currently, there is a lot of smell bad code.

We already follow the best practices. If you know any specific examples or suggestions, then please share
3 anni tempo fa
Great work NOP team! I really look forward to this release!
3 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:

This will be excellent!
3 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
Do you have any ETA on 4.40?
March 9th or 10th

Release today? Im hyped.
3 anni tempo fa
hkbits wrote:
Release today? Im hyped.

Yeah, already here =))
3 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
We already follow the best practices. If you know any specific examples or suggestions, then please share

I don't think so that you use best practice.
First of all: Avoid async void methods
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/blob/bed6c7afd0d8fe2ae486870a4098b0e18a8eff68/src/Presentation/Nop.Web/Areas/Admin/Controllers/RoxyFilemanController.cs#L51
There is a lof places with bad code when requests will be block.

Please read carefully the sent article.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.