Find bugs in nopCommerce 4.40 BETA and earn $10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anni tempo fa
hkbits wrote:

Thanks, I worked through it and that message went away.

Any short description of what that even is?

What worked? Did u have to install node\npm, or just gulp?

I installed node-v14.16.0-x64.msi, then i did the npm install -g gulp from Node.js command prompt
3 anni tempo fa
behbood wrote:
nopCommerce Team, It's incredible, I upgrade nopcommerce to the latest version and now I can't use discounts on the product. Before publishing a new version please make a better test or more paid for your bugs.

A bit more of an explanation might help you get some answers?

How are you applying a discount? Percentage, or value off? Are you using discount codes, or just applying the discount to a product? Are you applying the discount to a category etc?

Craig
3 anni tempo fa
dootchie wrote:

I installed node-v14.16.0-x64.msi, then i did the npm install -g gulp from Node.js command prompt

node is just a javascript framework which can download different packages
npm is the same i think. downloading different frontend packages used for development.

and gulp is a toolkit which can bundle javascripts, html, css and such.

the command, npm i gulp -g, is just short for:
npm install gulp -globally, so it just installs the 'program' gulp globally so your machine can use it whereever you are trying to run gulp in cmd.

Im not an expert on frontend stuff, so just correct me if im wrong anyone :D
3 anni tempo fa
behbood wrote:
I can't use discounts on the product.

It's unclear what the problem here, please provide a list of steps to reproduce.
3 anni tempo fa
hkbits wrote:

node is just a javascript framework which can download different packages
npm is the same i think. downloading different frontend packages used for development.

and gulp is a toolkit which can bundle javascripts, html, css and such.

the command, npm i gulp -g, is just short for:
npm install gulp -globally, so it just installs the 'program' gulp globally so your machine can use it whereever you are trying to run gulp in cmd.

Im not an expert on frontend stuff, so just correct me if im wrong anyone :D

Thanks for the explaination!
3 anni tempo fa
RomanovM wrote:
I can't use discounts on the product.

It's unclear what the problem here, please provide a list of steps to reproduce.

I catch it:
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5524
3 anni tempo fa
Found an interesting issue with the UPS shipping Plugin being the only shipping method active. See my writeup:

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5554
3 anni tempo fa
dootchie wrote:
Found an interesting issue with the UPS shipping Plugin being the only shipping method active. See my writeup:

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5554

I've updated that issue with the solution.  Other devs who build their own shipping providers that don't support GetFixedRate (i.e. any that call a carrier API) should take note.   (Also, I wonder / can't recall, if there are other similar 'optional' methods that could suffer the same problem.)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.