Upgrading to NopCommerce 4.30 from 4.20 - unable to login or register due to too many redirects

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anni tempo fa
nopCommerce version: 4.30

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Upgrade to nopCommerce 4.30 from 4.20 following the upgrade instruction.
2. Publish to an Azure App service.
3. Start the website. Some pages ceased working because of "too many redirects", including login, register and wish list.

Settings:
1. Table Store SslEnabled: False; URL: https://bebooks.com.au/; Host: bebooks.com.au
2. domain bebooks.com.au is a secured connection, forced to ssl.

Tried the following methods, I still has no success.
1. Enable SSL in Store table.
2. clear site cookies and browser caches.
3. "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" through Chrome developer tools.
4. Although it's not related to Azure app service hosting, I tried "UseHttpXForwardedProto": true. There is no luck.

I have searched the internet, but none of the suggestions have worked for me. Look for new ideas.

Please note that https://bebooks.com.au works fine with nopCommerce 4.20.
3 anni tempo fa
Details of the deployment:
Publish to an Azure App service through Visual Studio Web Deploy via the existing publish profile for 4.20.
3 anni tempo fa
After upgrading database, I skipped installation. May be there is a permission issue in this way.
3 anni tempo fa
Please note after upgrading database, I copied back dataSettings.jsonI so I skipped installation. Is this an issue?
3 anni tempo fa
Just to let you know I was able to register - I used [email protected] as the email so I can't do the Email confirm
3 anni tempo fa
Hi Yidna,

Thanks for looking into the issue. I have see your registration in our system.

We have switched back to 4.20. That's why everything there works fine. Do you want me to switch to 4.30 to have a look at the problem?

nopCommerce AndreiMaz said it's definitely related to a wrongly configured SSL. But I still don't know what to correct.

Hong
3 anni tempo fa
It is probably not the database issue - Although when I have problems like this I run an install on a new website to make sure everything is setup. Then if it runs and I can login, etc I edit the datasettings file to point to the new database.

RE SSL issue sometimes the dns and site caching is a problem. Are the two sites v4.2 and v4.3 on the same server / IP  and the dns records are setup correctly ?

Settings look OK. You could try change HOST values to be
HOST values: bebooks.com.au, www.bebooks.com.au
I assume you tried restarting the webserver server after making changes to the settings
3 anni tempo fa
@Yidna, I use the same Azure service. Here are my steps:
1. Copy the existing database to a new database on Azure. Then run the database upgrade scripts.  Database is upgraded without any errors.
2.Stop the app service. So I can rename the existing site wwwroot to wwwroot420.
3. Change dataSetting.json in Visual Studio solution to point to the upgraded database.
4. From Visual Studio, publish the new website through web deploy using the existing publish profile for 4.20
5. double check that dataSetting.json points to the upgraded database on the server.
6. start or restart the app service.

Most of the pages including home page and product details page are fine on https. Not sure why just the account control pages have too many redirects.

I will do this process again.
3 anni tempo fa
I redeployed the website. Then I enabled SSL for the store. It's fine now. I did the same thing last time. It didn't work. I did restart the app service after enabling SSL previously. This is some thing I cannot explain.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.