nopCommerce 4.40 is released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anni tempo fa
Its great that the new version is out but how long does it take for the plugins to come out? I expected that there would be some communications out to the developers and some plugins would come  at the same time
3 anni tempo fa
Many many congratulations Nop Team!
3 anni tempo fa
tony09uk wrote:
Its great that the new version is out but how long does it take for the plugins to come out? I expected that there would be some communications out to the developers and some plugins would come  at the same time

It really depends on the plugin developers. I've been in contact with the few developers I use and some are pushing items out now, while others are a week or two out. I'm anxious to get this out in production!
3 anni tempo fa
Congrats on the latest release! I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but are there upgrading instructions for the 4.40 release? I did see that the database script isn't required, however, attempting to upgrade like previous releases, I'm not having any luck.
FYI - I've installed the .NET 5 SDK and  ASP.NET Core Runtime (v5.0.3) - Windows Hosting Bundle

I know the team is super busy and we all appreciate your hard work ;)
3 anni tempo fa
HI,
I also have a question similar to groundzero2010 above. I downloaded the new 4.4 version locally, and just did a build and run, and thankfully it was a development version as it automatically migrated the database, and I didn't even know that was going to happen. My 4.3 will no longer work and I have to investigate what the changes are now or restore to a previous version. Is there a way to turn off the auto migration and look at the script first? We have a lot of custom data and forms that access that data from years past that we need to keep in tact before we run the migration.
Thank you for your time!
Jason
3 anni tempo fa
jgruenwald wrote:
HI,
I also have a question similar to groundzero2010 above. I downloaded the new 4.4 version locally, and just did a build and run, and thankfully it was a development version as it automatically migrated the database, and I didn't even know that was going to happen. My 4.3 will no longer work and I have to investigate what the changes are now or restore to a previous version. Is there a way to turn off the auto migration and look at the script first? We have a lot of custom data and forms that access that data from years past that we need to keep in tact before we run the migration.
Thank you for your time!
Jason

This is very dangerous. Updating the database should be something you have to to manually like with EF migrations, or just keep using sql scripts.

Its especially dangerous when the only way to chance connectionstring is with a textfile(dataSettings), instead of using environments with appSettings.
3 anni tempo fa
Agree with jgruenwald and hkbits.  There should be the choice of either running SQL scripts or accepting that if you run an auto-migration update that there will be problems.

We have modified core tables for our purposes.  Previously, we would look at the SQL update script to determine the database changes.  However, now it is not easy to determine the changes as there is no single place describing all of the changes.

At present, we have installed a vanilla installation of 4.4 and are running comparisons with 4.3 to identify the changes.  This has created a huge amount of necessary extra work that could have been avoided by following the previously accepted and working database upgrade process.

@nopcommerceteam please provide an update SQL script, or at the very least detail all of the changes you have made since 4.3 to the 4.4 database, including new and modified data.

Thank you.
3 anni tempo fa
NEW MINOR VERSION:

Dear community! We've released a new version - 4.40.1. This is a minor release that is fully compatible with the previous version (4.40.0). So all third-party plugins for 4.40 work for both versions (4.40.0 and 4.40.1).

It contains several bug fixes and performance enhancements. The full list of changes in the new version is available in release notes.

So if you downloaded nopCommerce 4.40 before March 16th, please download the latest version again here
3 anni tempo fa
Fantastic! I LOVE that you are releasing minor updates!
3 anni tempo fa
Roxy Fileman fails to add correct url while adding images for example to the welcome page. I am able to upload the image but when i click on preview it fails to fine it on the server due to the wrong url. Its using /images/uploaded/iusa_75x75.73366068_6pn0.jpeg which ties into my shopping cart as myshop.com/images/uploaded/iusa_75x75.73366068_6pn0.jpeg when in fact my shop is at myshop.com/shop4 , if i manually add the correct url to the source code of the welcome page as in myshop.com/shop4/images/uploaded/iusa_75x75.73366068_6pn0.jpeg BINGO , that works. I would hate to have to always go back into source code and have to add this. Where is this controlled so i can change it or does this have to be changed by your team. Thank you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.