Better search results / optimisations/ plugin?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anni tempo fa
Hi, is any option to upgrade in nopcommerce search results? we moving from 4.1 > 4.4... and our actual default nopcommerce can't find product in scenerio below:

Product name: Glass Who Cares
Search typing: who cares

Results: no products...

We have about 20 variants (single product) which contains "who cares" in name...

Is it normal behaviour?

Maybe it's possible to change search engine (maybe with vocabulary / learn about searching / matching results etc)?

Maybe someone made plugin / customisations / know is it possible to change it? or maybe there are some options to make it with better results?
2 anni tempo fa
Hi,

If you're looking for a ready made plugin that does this and lot more, then please check out this plugin... nopAccelerate Plus Search - Relevant & Full Text Search...

Regards
2 anni tempo fa
Partial text search works fine.  Is the text you are looking for in the 'Product name' field?

You can see for yourself in the demo
Type 'your own' in the search box (without the quotes ;), and the 'Build your own computer' will appear.
2 anni tempo fa
New York wrote:
Partial text search works fine.  Is the text you are looking for in the 'Product name' field?

You can see for yourself in the demo
Type 'your own' in the search box (without the quotes ;), and the 'Build your own computer' will appear.

enter Build computer and it won't find anything. Even in advanced search. used to work
2 anni tempo fa
@WebMorda
I don't think searching for "build computer" (finding word AND word) would have worked prior with regular search.  Were you using Full Text search?
2 anni tempo fa
New York wrote:
@WebMorda
I don't think searching for "build computer" (finding word AND word) would have worked prior with regular search.  Were you using Full Text search?

Using CONTAINS and AND with prefix_term
2 anni tempo fa
The "CONTAINS" predicate only works with Full-Text.
2 anni tempo fa
New York wrote:
The "CONTAINS" predicate only works with Full-Text.

yes, and now the search is working awful.
2 anni tempo fa
If I search "ME CONTRO TE" I receive some results...
https://oasistore.com/it/filterSearch?q=me+contro+te
but i I search "ME CONTRO TE 2021" or "ME CONTRO TE TROLLEY" I do not receive results...
Why?
What can I do?

...the same if I search "LITTLE PONY" vs "MY LITTLE PONY"...

Can you help me?
PS: I'm using Full-text with CONTAINS AND
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.