Checkout Attribute options can be linked to a Product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anni tempo fa
1.  Add an option for checkout attributes to be associated with a product or products such that the checkout attribute only displays when the selected product(s) are in the cart
2. Used in conjunction with 1 - Add an option for the price adjustment to be multiplied by the product cart quantity. For example if the product is in the cart and the quantity is 5 and the option is selected the total cost of the checkout attribute would be 5 times the price adjustment
2 anni tempo fa
Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for suggestion. But won't product attributes be a simple option in this case?
2 anni tempo fa
Hi Andrei,

You could use product attributes, that is one way I suggested to the client.
I suppose what I am really trying to do is provide a better way to deal with Shipping option addon’s
I use Checkout attributes for a Shipping Plugin, so it is a choice at checkout time to decide if you want to use Signature on delivery or Email Track, etc which are extra cost for each package.

If items are Shipped Separately then you need to have that option times the number of product packages.
Selecting at the time of picking the product means you need to thinking about how you want it shipped and what options at that time as well - which a customer can do

Having the selection in the checkout is simpler and cleaner in terms presenting the addon options to the customer. Especially If the customer gets to the checkout sees the option available and the total value in the cart and decides yes I do want Signature on delivery, Email track
or Insurance cover which maybe better choose based on total value

There is already the option to decide if the Checkout attribute is displayed for shippable products.
Then thinking about it again maybe my suggestion is not great because there could be a lot of products hanging of that list on the checkout attribute as I have suggested.

I suppose another way of dealing with the core problem is providing Shipping addon’s selection at the time of shipping option selection which would be the best approach
But the current way it works if there are a number of add on options on top of the shipping options, presenting all the permutations of the various options may make a long list of options for the customer to select from.
i.e. Australia Post may have 8 Shipping options then signature and email and insurance so all the permutations presented the current way would mean  a lot of selections not presented in the best way

Maybe there is a way to improve the Shipping Option selection and let the developer present the Shipping options and addon’s in the plugin rather than just returning the options to nopCommerce to display

Anyway some more things to think about. Feel free to put the idea “on hold / maybe not” lol
2 anni tempo fa
Thanks again. But I still think that this feature (checkout attributes per product) won't be really demanded by other clients. It's better to leave it for customization. Or maybe, implement it some other way (e.g. customize a "shipping options" page, etc)
2 anni tempo fa
It seems to me that you are asking to have the ability to show some Checkout attributes in the Shipping Method selection page (rather than in the Cart page).  I think that would be a nice feature.  (Although having a 'calculated' fee would make it more challenging ;)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.