Reserving items added to cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anni tempo fa
Hi,

Is it possible to setup nopCommerce to reserve items added to the cart, so that the stock quantity appears lower and conflicts with several customers adding low stock items to their cart can be avoided?

As I understand it, by default items aren't reserved until checkout when MoveShoppingCartItemsToOrderItemsAsync() calls AdjustInventoryAsync() in  OrderProcessingService.

Is this correct?
Would it make sense to move the AdjustInventoryAsync() call to AddToCartAsync() in ShoppingCartService?

Is there an easier way around this that I'm missing?

Thank you very much in advance for your support :-)

Best regards,
Andreas
2 anni tempo fa
It's possible with some customization. But I don't believe you should implement it. Otherwise, any malicious user can add all available items of all your products to the cart (without completing an order). In this case, nobody else will be able to use your store
2 anni tempo fa
The customisation could involve have a timer system so that when you add something to the cart it reserves the quantity (up to a maximum quantity) for a certain time period.
Then if not purchased within the time period the items are returned to stock.
You see it on some ticket sales websites

Thinking aloud you could have a “reserve warehouse” so stock is moved to the reserve when added to the cart. Then moved back again if not purchased
2 anni tempo fa
Thank you very much for your fast replies :-)

a.m. wrote:
It's possible with some customization. But I don't believe you should implement it. Otherwise, any malicious user can add all available items of all your products to the cart (without completing an order). In this case, nobody else will be able to use your store

I get your concern about malicious visitors, but the store, we are planning, is a B2B store, where only registered, confirmed customers are able to add items to the cart.
Also, just like Yidna suggests, we do intent to have a timer that reverts the reservation after 20-30 minutes, so the system wont be clogged by unfinished orders.

Yidna wrote:
The customisation could involve have a timer system so that when you add something to the cart it reserves the quantity (up to a maximum quantity) for a certain time period.
Then if not purchased within the time period the items are returned to stock.
You see it on some ticket sales websites

Thinking aloud you could have a “reserve warehouse” so stock is moved to the reserve when added to the cart. Then moved back again if not purchased

This sounds like a good idea to me, so we don't risk losing track of stock.
Would this be difficult to implement?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.