Upgrading site to 4.50

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anni tempo fa
Hi all

I plan to upgrade a site to version 4.50, its currently running 4.40.
I have read this guide:
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/upgrading-nopcommerce.html
is it exactly the same as from 4.30 to 4.40?

Another question, what about the plugins folder, do you empty that folder too?

Best regards
Axel
2 anni tempo fa
AxelAndersen wrote:
is it exactly the same as from 4.30 to 4.40?

Yes

AxelAndersen wrote:
Another question, what about the plugins folder, do you empty that folder too?

Well I would not upgrade buy copying over an existing website directory (I start with a new directory and copy in the new version)
So the only plugins in the directory should be the v4.5 plugins
Then all custom plugins to be installed need to have been upgraded for v4.5
2 anni tempo fa
Ahhhh, so you always upgrade by just copying to a new folder, and then point iis to this new folder?
2 anni tempo fa
AxelAndersen wrote:
Ahhhh, so you always upgrade by just copying to a new folder, and then point iis to this new folder?

That’s how I do it
Otherwise i guess it would be come a mix of old and new files and maybe cause issues
Then as you say change the IIS Config to point to the new folder
Set privileges on directory and database
Provided images are stored in the database then you don’t need to worry about transferring them over

In fact whenever I do a new setup I run the nopCommerce install and create a temporary database just to check it's all working
Then edit the config to use the old upgraded database
2 anni tempo fa
Thanks a lot for your advice, I will try going that way :-)
2 anni tempo fa
I want to include one more thing here, if your images store system is file system then you have to copy/move images folder from prev version.
Also if you have any 3rd party plugin which store files in wwwroot folder then you have to copy/move those too.
2 anni tempo fa
Hello friends,
I have version 4.40.2 and would like to upgrade to latest. I am using Linux (Ubuntu ) & MySQL and the connection string is
"ConnectionStrings": {
"ConnectionString": "server=localhost;database=mydb;allowuservariables=True;user id=user1;password=password1!",
"DataProvider": "mysql",
"SQLCommandTimeout": null }
I installed it from scratch it works fine with the new Db but how could I attach my old mysqldb ?
Also if I copy the images to the same folder would it be fine ?

I am very new to Nopcommerce so please be patient with me
Thank you all
2 anni tempo fa
You should be able to change the
"ConnectionString": "server=localhost;database=mydb;

Backup your old DB first.  (And if it was me, I'd restore that backup, and then point to the restored DB.
Then the restore becomes production, and the old DB is the backup ;)

RE: " copy the images "
Are you storing images in the Files System, or in the DB?  (In you admin Media Settings, what is selected for "Pictures are stored into..."?)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.