Hide API Key in image URL's

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anni tempo fa
I am looking for assistance on how to hide an API key from a URL of an image. As part of our site we need to call out to an external site for product images due to the volume of our product list as well as the constant changes and updates applied to the images. Are there any controls available in the site itself to do this or is the only way around this to use a CDN or similar to host the images?

Thank you
2 anni tempo fa
What external service you are using?
Url should not contain api key. You can check this CDN plugin https://www.nop-station.com/nopcommerce-amazon-s3-integration
2 anni tempo fa
Hi Rashad,
Thank you for the reply. We are leveraging a 3rd party service which houses all of the catalog, image, and other information across multiple different vendors. The service allows for the download of this catalog data to our database. The URL's for the item images contain the API key within them as part of the download. Just wanting to have the initiative on solutions if the support team responds that the API key is not a public facing key and needs to be treated securely.  Are there any methods you can think of to mask the API key in the URL but still display the image properly? I want to avoid downloading the image catalog if possible.

Right now if someone was to inspect the web they would find the URL to the image with API key and thus be able to use that key themselves.

Thanks again.
2 anni tempo fa
You should override picture binary service and call image with key from there so that your browser will not know about request key. Only your server will know about the key
2 anni tempo fa
Thank you Rashad. I little over my level of understanding but will research that topic and see if it resolves the issue. We don't have any control over the source database the product data comes from but do have control once it hits our on premise database and then gets turned around to our ecomm site. Is the binary setting something that would be done in the API Put call from our on premise server to NOPCommerce?
2 anni tempo fa
You need to modify nopCommerce back end source code picture service. May be a developer can help you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.