DPD Ship to Shop Plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
I thought I'd share a video of a project I've been working on for a client. The video shows the plugin working on a default installation of nopCommerce 4.30, but also works with 4.20, as this is the platform I started the development of prior to the release of 4.30

DPD offer something called 'Ship to Shop' for selected clients, which is where the customer can choose to have their order delivered to any one of thousands of Dpd network shops around the country.

The plugin allows for searching via postcode and shows the specific store opening times, icons for parking, opening times, disabled parking etc.

The initial map is based off either the customers billing address or shipping address.

https://youtu.be/4ke9cI4VUnk

I'd love to have any feedback?

Regards,
Craig
3 年 前
Wow ,looks great!  Are you planning release it commercially?

untiedshoes wrote:
I thought I'd share a video of a project I've been working on for a client. The video shows the plugin working on a default installation of nopCommerce 4.30, but also works with 4.20, as this is the platform I started the development of prior to the release of 4.30

DPD offer something called 'Ship to Shop' for selected clients, which is where the customer can choose to have their order delivered to any one of thousands of Dpd network shops around the country.

The plugin allows for searching via postcode and shows the specific store opening times, icons for parking, opening times, disabled parking etc.

The initial map is based off either the customers billing address or shipping address.

https://youtu.be/4ke9cI4VUnk

I'd love to have any feedback?

Regards,
Craig
3 年 前
i would also be interested in such plugin, does it generate the shipping labels automatically from our DPD contracts?
3 年 前
mktm20111 wrote:
i would also be interested in such plugin, does it generate the shipping labels automatically from our DPD contracts?

It doesn't I'm afraid. For this particular client, we have so many bespoke products (products can be customised), and therefore shipping isn't straightforward.

They want to be able to sort shipping out once an order is ready to be dispatched, so it's easier for them if the plugin just supplies the location code.

JonQuick wrote:
Wow ,looks great!  Are you planning release it commercially?

I may make it available, but it requires a couple of very small source code changes. One new field adding to the order table for the location address, new single entry into the order.cs file, and again, in the message tokens.

With this client, we've made lots of custom changes to the source, so it was easier to make these small source code changes, rather than the complexity of adding them to the plugin.

This as far as I'm aware is the only DPD Ship to Shop plugin available. I did find another when I was researching, but it only captures an image and adds that to the order. This one, adds the location address, location code (from DPD), and the lng / lat too.

We also cache the initial key, so it's only used once during a certain period before it needs to be refreshed again... this cuts down on the calls to the DPD API.

Thanks,
Craig
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.