Language packs are still free to download and easy to implement in any nopCommerce store. But since now they are available on nopCommerce translations page. There is no need to search for them in the marketplace. Working on translations has now become much more convenient, too, and does not require so much time from a single person.
A new approach for working with language packs
Language packs will be now translated via Crowdin and anyone can join the translations. Your contribution may be small (for 1 word only) or really large-scale - it’s up to you. Carefully chosen proofreaders will check the correctness of the edits. They are native speakers who have experience of work with nopCommerce.
Why the changes became needed? Earlier, in order to put an archive with a language pack on the marketplace, one person should translate the entire language pack as a whole (~ 6000 lines). It was a laborious process taking a lot of time.
With the new approach, several people can work on one language pack at once to save time. Moreover, it will be much easier to make small corrections and improvements in the existing packs.
How to join nopCommerce translations
We invite all active community members to join translations. You are welcome to improve the already existing packs or create new ones if the desired language is not listed. The process itself is very simple:
- Register an account on Crowdin and go to nopCommerce project: https://crowdin.com/project/nopcommerce
- Select a language to translate. If desired language is not listed, please contact us
- Select the file for translating. For each version of nopCommerce, starting from 3.90, there is a separate folder. Every folder contains several files with language resources in English.
Duplicated resources repeat together with the existing translations from version to version. This is done in order to avoid excess work on the translation of the same lines. So, if you translate a line in the file language_pack.xml in nopCommerce-3.90 folder, this translation will be duplicated for the folders nopCommerce-4.00, nopCommerce-4.10, etc. Therefore, it is advisable to translate from the older versions to the new ones.
- Now you can start translating. If you are new to Crowdin it might be useful to read their instructions on how to use the online editor.
- In a short time, the suggested translation will be reviewed and approved by one of our proofreaders. After that, the edits will be applied to the language pack.
The translated language packs are available for downloading from this page.
For most of the languages, the proofreaders are already assigned. The help is still needed with these languages:
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
If you are a native speaker and ready to become a proofreader please contact us to discuss your bonuses.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please write them in the comments after this forum post.