AfterShip was founded at the 1st Startup Weekend Hong Kong in Nov 2011. Company mission is to make shipment tracking easy for online sellers and buyers. There are several features for online-tracking:
- A tracking URL is automatically generated for each tracking number
- Notifications to customers, order status updated automatically
- Customized Track Button by choosing the button size, support couriers and connecting your AfterShip account to enable faster tracking
For the use of plugin, it is required to register on the AfterShip official site. There are two types of AfterShip accounts:
- Free account, which is given after registration. It is the basic type of account you will receive after registration. This type of account allows you to add new tracks and receive a link to the AfterShip view the track events.
- Premium account, which is paid one. It enables the user to view the list of track events directly from the administration area and display information to the client.
Once registered, you must get an API key on the AfterShip application control page.
The username and API key must be specified in the plugin settings. Please note that the login for the AfterShip site is your email. Your username is specified in the User Name field on registration.
How to obtain information about the track events:
- Get the tracking number from your postal carrier. Register that number in the Delivery section.
- To display the information it is necessary to switch on the status of the delivery information in settings:
Admin area - Configuration - Settings - Shipping Settings
- If you want to display information on the Delivery page in the administration panel, then turn on the Display shipment events (store owner) setting.
- If you want to allow the user to see the shipping information, enable the Display shipment events (customers) setting
Special treat for new AfterShip users:
To celebrate the launch of AfterShip on nopCommerce, each new user will receive $10 FREE credit to test all the premium features of AfterShip. Here are the requirements: click on 'Get Extension' send an email to [email protected] with the subject "AfterShip - nopCommerce". Then we'll credit your account with $10 so you can test for free SMS / Email notifications for your first 100 shipments.
Find the project Github repository here.