Yes, we have migrated two of our e-commerce websites from ASPDotNetStoreFront to nopCommerce 3.9.
We won't say, it was not difficult but with proper planning and good migration plan it went smoothly.
We created SQL script and migration application to move the data from StoreFront database to nopCommerce in respective tables.
Website we migrated from aspdotnetstorefront to nopCommerce were:
Here are the several reasons for switching to nopCommerce platform 3.9:
1. ASPDotNetStoreFront ver. 9 was in traditional ASP.Net. Rendering of .aspx was slow.
2. Page size of ASPDotNetStoreFront was quite big due to its viewstates in comparison to MVC views.
3. Community of ASPDotNetStoreFront isn’t big like nopCommerce and support and plugins were very limited on StoreFront.
4. For implementing any new feature, we had to customize the code however there are several nopCommerce plugins available for almost everything.
5. nopCommerce is built in MVC which is fast and light weight as compare to ASPDotNetStoreFront. This was also one of the major reason to switch.
6. Better Url and SEO features are available in nopCommerce.
7. Beautiful themes and featured full plugins are available in nopCommerce.
Problems We Faced: -
Due to lot of customization in code in our old solution(ASPDotNetStoreFront), it was bit tedious to understand the flow of application and database which forced us to make a big move to nopCommerce.
Please let us know in case you would require any further help.