OK. OK. I finally got it to render!
First, I had not installed the .NET Core 2.2 runtime.
Second, I set the IUSR permissions on the "src" folder.
Third, I deleted the duplicate plugins using Windows Explorer in the "src" folder tree.
Fourth, I did a Clean and then a Rebuild for the nopCommerce solution.
Fifth, maybe fifth, I changed my default browser from Mozilla Firefox to Microsoft Edge. I'm not really sure if that was a deal-breaker or not.
I am currently running in Debug mode. I really don't know what to expect. I am from the old day of just Classic ASP, so me using Visual Studio at all is like rolling the boulder from the entrance of the cave where I've been residing for well over a decade.
I'll y'all on more when I know more. :)