We have done lot of work in import process of categories, products, manufacturers and their mappings so we have good hands on experiance on this process.
Below are few requirement related questions.
Import process questions:
1. As you are talking about category and subcategory, so there will be mapping of subcategory with parent category.
Now comes to import functionality approach, there are basically two approach to achieve this
i) Create single spreadsheet with data 'category name', its details and parent category id etc. and then import to database but here the point is to map with parent category you should have already creaded categories in database.
ii) Create two different excel sheets, one for category import and other for parent and child category mapping.
Now come on question, with which approach would you like to go with? my suggestion, go with second one as it easier to implement, easier to maintain as you could have multiple levels of parent and child category mappings.
2. For which NOP version you want to develope this import / export process? latest one is NOP 3.30
Export process questions:
1. The export of category to xml is already available in NopCommerce, so first question is you want similar export process to export in excel file?
2. again same question, do you want to export all categories in single sheet or two different sheets, one for category information and other for parent child mapping
3. do you want exported sheet reusable for re import? show less