"Powered by nopCommerce" Copyright Removal Notice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
According to the terms of the nopCommerce license, you may NOT remove or hide the "Powered by nopCommerce" statement that appears at the bottom of each page within nopCommerce shopping cart.

If you have not purchased a valid "Copyright notice removal license" for nopCommerce, the copyright notice at the footer of your store must remain intact, unedited and clearly visible. Please don’t attempt to edit, remove or hide the copyright notice in any way. It does not give you authorization to remove any copyright notices in the script source files nor any other rights. Copyright infringement is illegal - please be advised!

Upon purchase of a "copyright notice removal key" you are permitted to remove the aforementioned proprietary notices. A single key must be used for each store (URL) and may not be used more than once. You may not use a key to remove copyright on unlimited store installs on one website domain.

Click here for more info.
14 anos atrás
Thank you for offering this feature. I have been evaluating a few ecommerce engines and being able to pay to remove the "Powered by nopCommerce" statement means that I am now happy to begin using nopCommerce for commercial sites.

I have a few questions, I hope you can provide answers to these!

Is it okay to buy licenses for domains prior to their adoption of nopCommerce? For example, I have three customers who I would like to migrate to nopCommerce, I would like to purchase the copyright notice removal license for these sites in advance of the migration.

If a site is available through multiple domains do I need multiple licenses? The example I can offer is that a couple of my clients have a primary domain name, and a secondary domain name pointing to the site with a HTTP 301 redirect. Would these clients need a license for each domain name?

What is the duration of the license? By this I mean is the license valid for a year, for the lifetime of a major release, or only for the current point release?

Do you have any intentions to introduce a partner license? Such a license might be beneficial to me if I know I'm going to be developing a larger number of nopCommerce sites, but do not currently know what the domain names will be.

Thank you in advance for you time!
14 anos atrás
1. Is it okay to buy licenses for domains prior to their adoption of nopCommerce?. It's OK
2. If a site is available through multiple domains do I need multiple licenses? Yes, These clients need a license for each domain name.
3. What is the duration of the license? Forever
4. Do you have any intentions to introduce a partner license? Currenly we don't offer it.
14 anos atrás
I purchased the removal license. Are there any special instructions that come with it, or do I just dive in and remove it where I see it?

Thanks
14 anos atrás
Correct.  You need to remove it manually.  From memory its Footer.ascx in the modules folder.
13 anos atrás
How do i change this?

Copyright © 2010 nopCommerce demo store. All rights reserved

for example, i want to add the vat reg number of the company etc.

Thanks
13 anos atrás
NikolasL wrote:
How do i change this?

Thanks

Go to admin section >   Configuration   >   Global Setting

1st Tab "General"

Store name: WRITE YOUR STORE/COMPANY NAME HERE

Save it

and go to public store and on the footer you will see your company name or vat reg number whatever you want it to be..
13 anos atrás
NikolasL wrote:
How do i change this?

Thanks

The text is stored in the localization string named "Content.CopyrightNotice" as the following value
"Copyright © {0} {1}. All rights reserved." If you edit the value, leave the {0} and {1} to have the year and store name inserted into the string respectively.

13 anos atrás
abcd_12345 wrote:

Go to admin section >   Configuration   >   Global Setting

1st Tab "General"

Store name: WRITE YOUR STORE/COMPANY NAME HERE

Save it

and go to public store and on the footer you will see your company name or vat reg number whatever you want it to be..

That would work, but the store name is used in many other locations besides the footer (messages, page title, etc).

13 anos atrás
Andrei

If anybody haven't purchased the powered by removal key, is he/she allowed to change the color of the text that says: "Powered By: nopCommerce" ? or that has to be left as is it in the theme and no one is allowed to change the text color ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.