Domain and Business Name Change

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 anos atrás
Hi,

I was hoping if someone could assist in some pricing. My client is changing their business name and therefore the domain name as well. There's quite a couple of things involved and I know what to do. My price converted to USD is 273.

This includes email setup and forwarding from old email accounts, payment gateway and content changes. From my perspective it should be more, but they're arguing it's too much.
11 anos atrás
Hi,

I will try to do it by using following method :
1. List down all the tasks needed in spredsheet
2. Put hours besides them and get total
3. give them some discount on hours ( as they are your old client )

Bill them accordingly.

As far as step 1 concerns I can think of following tasks to be done when you are changing business name and everything
1. Domain infrastructure change
2. Email infrastructure change
3. Social media links setup
4. New accounts for support services like pingdom, cloudflare, analytics, webmasters, mailchimp, google map and other location services and all other tools you use
5. website content changes and review, which may require changing SEO tags, changing contact us, twitter facebook integration, some content or cms pages changes ( I will consider this tasks included in web development rather than SEO )

The pricing you are thinking is correct ( somewhat low if you think all tasks, but I will take final decision based on my relation with them. )

Its always good to retain old clients than finding new clients :)

Hope I was able to help.

Regards,
Mahin
11 anos atrás
Thanks, I've got such a list. I was curious whether $ 273 seems too much
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.