Multiple product costs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 anos atrás
Hi.

Just came from our accountant.

To keep records properly stock have to have different purchase prices.
For example in January we ordered items for $5, in march price goes up to 6$.
most of stock cost is 6$ per item but there is rest of January's stock for 5$ per item.
To create proper stock valuation I have to know both cost prices for product. At the moment NopCommerce keep just 1 Product Cost price, and impossible at the moment create proper stock valuation and profit and margin reports having just 1 price.

Forthermore. When product sold should work FIFO (First In First Out) scheme.
And in case of return you have to return item into the proper batch.

This features is critical for most of the businesses in the Europe.

I know this is more Stock Management facility but NopCommerce already do half of stock management job, so as stock management in quite simple in it's nature, I think that's not a huge job to finish simple stock management, proper one.

One of the solution that's take third party inventory management software and create communication layer to NopCommerce to synchronise information. But there is a lot of problems can be faced and need to include lots of situations.

BUT

If multiple cost prices will be created in NopCommerce, there will be much easier to create the rest of Stock Control in NopCommerce as a plugins, such as Order Stock, Receive Stock, Low Stock Notifications, all the kinds of reports, etc.

Thanks a lot!
2 anos atrás
Yes, this si what we need...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.