Shipping Configure Template question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 anos atrás
I am working on a new shipping method and had a couple of questions.  I think I understand what is going on for the most part but I am confused by the Configure template path: variable that is needed to add a new shipping method.  I don't see the templates that are referenced by the existing shipping methods.  Can you direct me to their location in the project and give a brief explanation of if this is used.  

The new shipping computation method would also have different  shipping methods that I need to assign if this computation method is selected.  Is this something that I can do at runtime or would this need to be configured in the administration section.

Thanks again for the great product
15 anos atrás
Shipping methods are those ways in which you decide how to ship the products to the customers. The customer typically can then pick what type of shipping they want, and the cost for that shipping method is attached to the order. Typically shipping methods would be things like: “By Ground”, “By Air”, “Next Day”, etc…

Look at here for more info.

Shipping methods don't have the configure template path. Shipping rate computation methods have. You can find all the shipping configure templates in Administration\Shipping\ folder. For example, path to the Shipping By Order Weight computation method configure template is Administration\Shipping\ShippingByWeightConfigure\ConfigureShipping.ascx

Only one shipping rate computation method can be selected. So just published (activate) required shipping methods in the shipping methods administration section.
15 anos atrás
Thanks for the reply.  I understand now, I was looking in the root of the project for the folder tree.  

Do you have any idea when the next iteration is going to drop.  I have two additions I would like to get to you in time so they don't get out of sync with what you are developing.  I am working on a vendor section that will allow the external sellers to post items for sale and a fedex shipping module.
15 anos atrás
It'll be released in one-two months

P.S. As nopCommerce is an open-source project we'll be happy if you'll share your modules with us
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.