Tax is calculated on pre-discount amount

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anos atrás
thought I'd post in here too as it's clearly a bug that needs fixing pretty quick

original thread here
13 anos atrás
Even a workaround for this would be great,or a DB script to fix?
Thanks
Adrian
13 anos atrás
I think I have found a workaround for now. If I wanted to have a 10% discount coupon and ALL my products have a 21% tax on them... then if I make my discount 12.1% (10+21%) then that will always work??!

Thanks

Adrian
13 anos atrás
This is a long standing bug, they fixed it where the discount is applied on a specific category but when the discount applies to the whole order it is a mess.  Can't tell you how many customer complaints I have received about this one.

I looked at the code to try and fix it in the code but since they calculate tax per item and apply the discount on the order level it got really hairy.  Your workaround sounds great, I am going to test it to see how it works but this should reallybe fixed.
13 anos atrás
A fix is made. and will probably be included in the next release. If you need a workable solution now. pm me.
13 anos atrás
USRFobiwan wrote:
A fix is made. and will probably be included in the next release. If you need a workable solution now. pm me.

check your PM's - fix would be really appreciated, I have two sites that can;t go live until I've sorted this issue :)
13 anos atrás
that fix was for 1.6 and sadly didn't seem to work in 1.7

1.7 is broken and I now have two sites which were do to go live which now cant, NOP developers hope you are listening :)
13 anos atrás
miles wrote:
that fix was for 1.6 and sadly didn't seem to work in 1.7

1.7 is broken and I now have two sites which were do to go live which now cant, NOP developers hope you are listening :)

I've just upgraded to 1.60 specifically FOR this fix, but it's still not working--tax is still being calculated based on pre-discount subtotal when discount is on the total order and not just the product variants.

IF this was fixed in 1.60 is there some setting or some such that is different from 1.40 that I need to adjust?
13 anos atrás
This is a long standing bug, they fixed it where the discount is applied on a specific category but when the discount applies to the whole order it is a mess.  

Thanks for posting this info. It worked well enough for now for me to make my discount codes Variant specific, then apply all my discounts to all my variants.
13 anos atrás
MizN wrote:
[quote=newNopUser]This is a long standing bug, they fixed it where the discount is applied on a specific category but when the discount applies to the whole order it is a mess.  

Thanks for posting this info. It worked well enough for now for me to make my discount codes Variant specific, then apply all my discounts to all my variants.

Correction to the above. Applying all discount types to each product variant generates the following error message:

"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function Nop_OrderProductVariantLoadAll has too many arguments specified."

Given that I tested applying 4 discounts to 4 products, it seems to me that an argument can be made that the "discount being applied to a specific variant" is buggy itself. (or far too limited in its functionality).

Any better work arounds? Discounting the discount to accommodate tax is as confusing to the buyer as overcharging on tax!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.