need upgrade from 3.90 to 4.0 done

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anos atrás
The normal upgrade to 4.00 from 3.90 is followed, but there is a server error on my web host. They have tried and failed, I have done it and failed, and now I am trying to find help because they ended up telling me to do it myself. When they did the upgrade a  server error was generated (text below). The 3.90 website has been running for two years and never has had an issue. I don't have  a lot of money resources, so I am interested in a single amount that will yield a working 4.00 website. I want to get it to 4.02 eventually, but I believe I can do that myself once I have a working 4.00. You can look at the site at https://www.smtdesigns.com/store. Thanks!

Server error
Application startup exception: System.Exception: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: D. Path '', line 0, position 0.
---> Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: D. Path '', line 0, position 0.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.GetInstalledPluginNames(String filePath)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.Initialize(IServiceCollection services)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration)
   at Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[6]
      Application startup exception
System.Exception: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: D. Path '', line 0, position 0.
---> Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: D. Path '', line 0, position 0.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: h:\root\home\stevethatcher1-001\www\smtdesigns\store
Now listening on: http://localhost:28455
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://www.smtdesigns.com/store  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 172.6139ms 500 text/html; charset=utf-8
3 anos atrás
There error seems to indicate that you have a problem with your file \App_Data\installedPlugins.json.

I recommend that you do a brand new install and let it create a new database (with sample data).  Once that works, you can change the connection string to point to your other upgraded database.
3 anos atrás
that is the direction I am going right now. The only issue currently, is that none of my images are present in products and categories.

I did a new install of 4.00, changed the dataSettings.json for a 3.90 database that I ran the SQL script on. Uploaded two plugins that I needed and ran the 4.00 version. After clearing cache and restarting, everything is there except the images. I would prefer not having to set all of them up (there are hundreds).  I setuop the two plugins I had uploaded and so far it is all good except for the graphics. I will spend more time on it during daylight hours tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!
3 anos atrás
Hello SteveMThatcher,
Hope you are doing well!!
I'd Glad to assist you.
Pm Sent with details, please check.
Thanks and Regards
Carter W
3 anos atrás
SteveMThatcher wrote:
The normal upgrade to 4.00 from 3.90 is followed, but there is a server error on my web host. They have tried and failed, I have done it and failed, and now I am trying to find help because they ended up telling me to do it myself. When they did the upgrade a  server error was generated (text below). The 3.90 website has been running for two years and never has had an issue. I don't have  a lot of money resources, so I am interested in a single amount that will yield a working 4.00 website. I want to get it to 4.02 eventually, but I believe I can do that myself once I have a working 4.00. You can look at the site at https://www.smtdesigns.com/store. Thanks!

Server error
Application startup exception: System.Exception: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: D. Path '', line 0, position 0.
crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[6]
      Application startup exception
System.Exception: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: D. Path '', line 0, position 0.
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: h:\root\home\stevethatcher1-001\www\smtdesigns\store
Now listening on: http://localhost:28455
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://www.smtdesigns.com/store  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 172.6139ms 500 text/html; charset=utf-8

Hello,

Please check the PM.

Thanks & Regards
Jatin
3 anos atrás
SteveMThatcher wrote:
... everything is there except the images....

Are you storing images in the DB or file system?
3 anos atrás
I had two different issues. The uploaded docs and images down in content pages using Roxy had all their links broken. I went through and fixed them last night. I had already copied all of those files into the 4.00 files directory so it was just a matter of reselecting the file again at the new path presented by Roxy.

The DB uploaded images were simply not all copied over. I realized the web host's control panel did copy all images in a directory. I ended up zipping up directories and then unzipping them where they needed to be.
3 anos atrás
there appears to no way to remove my request for help.

I have gotten past the need for any assistance at this time. Thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.