Where fulltext search in nopCommerce 4.4?

2 anos atrás
I think this is a big problem that should be solved urgently, not using third party solutions
2 anos atrás
I think the search functionality in the admin area is often overlooked and could be improved. If the site has 1,000s of SKU's, the admin product/order search isn't good at all and wastes alot of time. The priority is always the main site search for customers as you want sales of course.

I often just use the main site to search for products as there is a decent 3rd party search plugin before editing or viewing a product in the admin.
2 anos atrás
angelov72 wrote:
I think this is a big problem that should be solved urgently, not using third party solutions

Search is actually complex, everyone's website has different priorities in how they'll like to search for products. But yeah, if full text search existed in previous nop, it should be maintained for websites that was working for them well.
2 anos atrás
I think that an ecommerce without full text search isn't an ecommerce.
If many years ago I had found nopcommerce without full text search I think I didn't install at all and don't waste my time on it and I had installed other ecommerce tool.
I can't understand I have to buy a third party full text....must be the first option for catalogue that really works to sell seriusly........or definitly nopcommerce stopped to be an ecommerce tool
, it will be a just like an ecommerce for 50 item to sell....for childs...
If the search function wasn't so important this third party dind't sell so COSTY f**** in the case you have thousands of items....and you want go on to sell....

so....no one can fix this problem? there is some serius person that has a serious ecommerce that used not third party plugin or some free plugin?

I give a donation of 300€ who will answer with the solution WITHOUT expensive third party (if normal cost for no limits domains or items ok)
2 anos atrás
And what did you all pay for your free version of this E-Commerce platform. NopTemplates has a robust Instant search plugin that allows several different variables in searching products.
2 anos atrás
Use Google's Programmable Search Engine API
https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/overview

webmitalia wrote:
...I give a donation of 300€ who will answer with the solution WITHOUT expensive third party (if normal cost for no limits domains or items ok)

You can use PayPal to send me €  ;)
2 anos atrás
I mean you need a solution works with nop, with the search text field, respecting user roles, multi-store and so on..
I think the problem is the sql full-text that became a poor index, if you write 2 partial words don't show any results....
eg. you have a "beautiful yellow carpet" and if in nop 3,90 you wrote "yell carp" you can obtain a right search results, now... even with the right 2 complete words can't  find anything
2 anos atrás
New York wrote:
Use Google's Programmable Search Engine API
https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/overview

...I give a donation of 300€ who will answer with the solution WITHOUT expensive third party (if normal cost for no limits domains or items ok)
You can use PayPal to send me €  ;)

this is not a full text search against products catalog nop (in a nop catalog you have to be able to search in the catalog with your user/customer role, prices and so on), this is just a google search
2 anos atrás
Re-Generate the old stored procedures, FullText and ProductLoadAllPaged into the later versions database if compatible. Refactoring all the code back to use the full text product searching of past versions. It doesn't seem like the donation is going to be such a great offer. It is a option to consider.
2 anos atrás
webmitalia wrote:
...this is not a full text search against products catalog nop (in a nop catalog you have to be able to search in the catalog with your user/customer role, prices and so on), this is just a google search

Your 'plugin' would check the URLs returned by the API against the [UrlRecord] table to return the list of products.  (The existing 'searches' don't concern themselves with prices, etc.  The searches return products, and the search calling code deals with the prices, etc.)