Where fulltext search in nopCommerce 4.4?

2 anos atrás
webmitalia wrote:
I think that an ecommerce without full text search isn't an ecommerce.
If many years ago I had found nopcommerce without full text search I think I didn't install at all and don't waste my time on it and I had installed other ecommerce tool.
I can't understand I have to buy a third party full text....must be the first option for catalogue that really works to sell seriusly........or definitly nopcommerce stopped to be an ecommerce tool
, it will be a just like an ecommerce for 50 item to sell....for childs...
If the search function wasn't so important this third party dind't sell so COSTY f**** in the case you have thousands of items....and you want go on to sell....

so....no one can fix this problem? there is some serius person that has a serious ecommerce that used not third party plugin or some free plugin?

I give a donation of 300€ who will answer with the solution WITHOUT expensive third party (if normal cost for no limits domains or items ok)

A programmer of my team got the solution, without using full text or stored procedure just modifying the source code and the results it's impressive, very good performance, istant, no tirth parts, no plug-in. Because noone gave us help and because you can save a lot of money with the promoted nopcommerce plug-in search, I can share the 10 munutes solution for 300€ (simple and even multi-store solution and NO limits about items). Want you go on spend montly money? I hope nopcommerce will introduce again a functional search (2/3 parts of words and you can find the istant results).
2 anos atrás
jayc wrote:
I think the search functionality in the admin area is often overlooked and could be improved. If the site has 1,000s of SKU's, the admin product/order search isn't good at all and wastes alot of time. The priority is always the main site search for customers as you want sales of course.

I often just use the main site to search for products as there is a decent 3rd party search plugin before editing or viewing a product in the admin.

for you my solution is free, just contact me (because you shared the problem like me and because it's absurd that is no more working in nop 4.40)
1 ano atrás
I'm waiting for your replay on my personal message... about your solution
1 ano atrás
Wow. We stopped using nopCommerce and moved our site to BigCommerce, because even with Full-Text search, the search was bad. You had to modify the search queries just to get it to search ManufacturerPartNumber. I just downloaded 4.6 and started developing a beautiful bootstrap 5 theme and when doing the forum search page and testing, it finds nothing. Seriously, it finds not even a single search word in the title or text of a post. After all these years, yes, I've been around here a long time, to find that this is still an issue is ridiculous. Yes, I'm aware nopCommerce is free, but if nopCommerce wants to attract new, large, website owners this issue needs to be corrected out of the box and it should have been done 10 years ago. This shouldn't be left to the mercy of third-party developers that you have to pay. Without a decent search engine nopCommerce is nothing but a toy platform. Sorry, it's the truth. Please fix the issue.
1 ano atrás
Greg Smyth wrote:
Yes, I'm aware nopCommerce is free, but if nopCommerce wants to attract new, large, website owners this issue needs to be corrected out of the box and it should have been done 10 years ago.

I've been around too. Its a shame that there isn't an adequate search solution out of the box. The first impression counts. No search hits, no commitment to use further. They won't pay for a 3rd party search plugin just to evaluate software. I don't think they even know where to look to resolve the search problems...

An ecommerce site lives or dies by the quality of the search results.
10 meses atrás
Fulltext search is also not working on 4.60.2/3, on demo store.
There is product Apple Macbook Pro 13-inch,

I searched with Apple Pro and no product found in search result.

Totally not accepted
10 meses atrás
rajupaladiya wrote:
Fulltext search is also not working on 4.60.2/3, on demo store....

Why would you expect it to work there?  As per this topic, Full Text Search was removed.  As of 4.60, plugin vendors can create search plugins (implementing ISearchProvider).
8 meses atrás
I agree with the others. I can't see nopCommerce viable out of the box if the robustness of the search capabilities has been surrendered to third-parties. This is supposed to be open source where the community finds solutions to help the community for the greater good, right?

I came to this thread because I put in a simple search term in "Advanced Search" on my offline development install, which attempt at retrieving such results developed some sort of undisclosed error. It's not in the error log.

I can search for the term "red" with no problem. I can search for the term "webbing" with no problem. However, when I search for the term "vest" ... crash! That simple search causes nop to hang into oblivion. The CPU clocks upwards to 98+% eventually. I have to restart the server.

I have no clue how to fix this other than to not use nopCommerce since, when it comes to this problem, the solution isn't open source (though it was before). It "seems" easier to just cut my investment of development time, which has been months in the making. It "seems" easier (though in reality it may not be), but still, if it seems easier for me to cut hours and hours and hours of work, rather than to jump through hoops of trying out third-party plugins (and you guys who know of me, know I have been on these forums for some time now asking questions and whatnot - for me to move on - consider the loss as well as the loss of others like myself who have moved on as well for such things as this) ... if it seems easier for me, then why would it not seem easier for my customers just to cut me off as well and find the gear they want from someone else if they can't find what I am supposed to be selling in nopCommerce?

I can't imagine a customer looking for the term "vest" in an "Advanced Search" while looking for a "vest" product in a service dog gear shop and not only not find a vest but also have the site crash.

Who would think that searching for a single word would crash a site?

I have only three products in the database that have the term "vest" in them. Two are found in Product Names, and one is found in a Product ShortDescription as follows:

Vest Kit
Gallery - Dog Collar    Generic design template for a collar or vest
Gear - Vest

My first thought was to rebuild the indexes, but there are none to rebuild (as far as I know). All I see is what I see. All I read is something like "use third party plugins for a better search".

That's a lot of drama, honestly. If nop had it before but not now, and third-parties control it now, then, in my mind, as a small investor into my install of nopCommerce, I think, "What's next on the chopping block?"

I think ... "Why continue to invest as a smaller investor if the estate is being divided going forward amongst the bigger investors? Who am I to question what's best for the those who stand to profit the most in controlling the code's future when I invest much less in their minds? Who am I? I am not them. Besides, nopCommerce free, for me, after all, isn't it, so who am I to complain?"

Surely, yes, of course, nopCommerce is free, with many thanks towards that, honestly, with humble and kind thoughts, but if nopCommerce balks at a single search term for "vest" when I can't, as a shop guy, explain why, then why use nopCommerce as it was intended to be used by its creators?

I obviously can't explain it to my clients why it hangs. More importantly then, why should I expect my clients to want to use my shop as a result if they can't find what they are looking to buy from me and I can't explain why my site does what it does to them? "To them" is key here - it causes injury "to them", and I don't want that "for them".

nopCommerce is not an easy, turn-key solution. It really is designed for the bigger players who have money to dump off of their balance sheets. I really don't think it is for the small guys who are on a slim budget like myself. I enjoyed learning nopCommerce. I just can't afford it.
8 meses atrás
@PunkyDogGear
The Full-Text Search feature was removed because it relied on stored procedures, and they were removed.  One reason being it was specific to SQL Server, and now nopCommerce supports a few database systems.  Additionally, I suspect the Full-Text Search feature was probably not used by many because it required a DBA to properly configure the feature in SQL Server.

There are many "capabilities has been surrendered to third-parties", because it would not be reasonable that the core team could support all the flavors of:
Payment Providers
Shipping Providers
Marketing / Email Providers
Etc...

RE: "simple search causes nop to hang"
You've mentioned that you've done development on the system.  Is it possible that your custom code has caused the problem?  You say "CPU clocks" but did not mentioned the process causing it - web app?  SQL Server?
If you still need help troubleshooting the issue, I recommend that you create a new topic for it, since it's not really related to missing full-text search.
8 meses atrás
Thank you for your reply, New York!

Search is complex. They had the same problem with Snitz Forums 2000 years ago ... same or similar issues with databases ... MySql, Oracle, MSSQL ... couldn't accomodate all three easily.

"RE: "simple search causes nop to hang"
"Is it possible that your custom code has caused the problem?"

I only have the Linux (no source) version. I work with what the @Model provides to the view.

"You say "CPU clocks" but did not mentioned the process causing it - web app?  SQL Server?"

I don't know how to determine what web app is causing what.