Problem understanding how it works

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anos atrás
Hi,
I am new to programming, I would like to know if it's possible to create an eCommerce platform like Shopify in asp.net. What I meant is, if you are not a programmer you will need help to configure nopcommerce which is not the same with Shopify. My question is how can I achieve such with asp.net. Please can anyone explain to me what needs to be changed or added to nopcommerce to be able to achieve that? thanks
2 anos atrás
There are many "store owners" using nopCommerce.  i.e. you don't need programming experience.  You do need to host your site (see my last post) , and then it's just a matter of "configuring" your site to your needs and creating categories, products, etc. , and deciding on shipping and payment methods (handled by plugins).  See the documentation.
2 anos atrás
Thanks a lot for your answer, but I think I didn't explain myself very well. I am a software student, our project is to create an eCommerce platform like Shopify. I saw it was created with JavaScript or TypeScript. I am only learning c# and diving into asp.net. So I am going to do this project on asp.net. Being that nopCommerce is also written with asp.net,  I tried to see the similarities and differences between Shopify and nopCommerce, that's when I notice that it will need some design experience when using nopCommerce than Shopify. I want to do this project by learning from nopCommerce so my question is how can I achieve that using nopCommerce as a test case, what should I put in place so that it will require no programming/developer experience to customize it. That's what am looking for, please can someone help me or point me in the right direction
2 anos atrás
As New York said just like Shopify you do not need to have an design experience when using nopCommerce. As soon as it is hosted (maybe you do need someone to help do that) you can start using it and configuring it. You can install plugins and themes to do a lot of things. So in that way nopCommerce is the same as Shopify.

As far as programming and customising nopCommerce using c# then that is another world where you can do virtually anything using nopCommerce as a platform for development.

Back to your project to create an eCommerce solution. Do they want to you to start at the beginning and design a eCommerce website from the ground up. I had a friend doing a Uni course and he said that they had the same requirement to me recently. I suppose they want you to understand some principles. But no one is ever going to start an eCommerce website from nothing. Of course if you are smart you will use nopCommerce and then you will be able to jump from the moon to the stars. 😊
2 anos atrás
RE: "... what should I put in place so that it will require no programming/developer experience to customize it..."

Are you trying to add CMS functionality to nopCommerce?
2 anos atrás
Fylinde wrote:
Thanks a lot for your answer, but I think I didn't explain myself very well. I am a software student, our project is to create an eCommerce platform like Shopify. ... I tried to see the similarities and differences between Shopify and nopCommerce, ... I want to do this project by learning from nopCommerce so my question is how can I achieve that ...

Hi,
I liked your post and your general student's question. Here's my general answer 1. First of all, you have to understand the business process of eCommerce on both sides  - the front end and back end. 2. You can use Nopcommerce as a Bible for different versions of .Net. 3. And finally if you are a programmer, you can do your project "your own Shopify" in any programming language. If that's not clear,  start to read from  1.
Best Regards.
2 anos atrás
Thanks for your response
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.