nopCommerce 4.50 -Suggestions, bug reports and improvements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anos atrás
We found a way to fix this issue, details can be found in this commit

Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hello guys,

I just tested upgrading a database from 4.3 to 4.5 directly (using the migrations provided by nopCommerce) but I got the following error: ....
2 anos atrás
Sergei-k wrote:
We found a way to fix this issue, details can be found in this commit

Hello guys,

I just tested upgrading a database from 4.3 to 4.5 directly (using the migrations provided by nopCommerce) but I got the following error: ....

Hi Sergei,

Great!

Will you update the no source code 4.50 release zip package to include the fix?

Thanks,
Boyko
2 anos atrás
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Will you update the no source code 4.50 release zip package to include the fix?

Yes, we'll do it in the near time
2 anos atrás
Thank you Boyko for your explanation. Despite the fact that with shadow copying disabled, plug-ins were not updated on the runtime, I agree that the mechanism needs to be improved. I created this ticket and we will make the necessary changes in the next version.

Nop-Templates.com wrote:

Initially I simply turned off "UsePluginsShadowCopy" and I ended up with an error when trying to upload a package "Access to the path 'Nop.Plugin.Feed.GoogleShopping.dll' is denied." (which by the way is far better than not being able to start the site after being restarted). [/b] "
Boyko

Just to follow up on the scenario above when "UsePluginsShadowCopy" is disabled and you try to upload a plugin's package and don't have permissions to delete the dll file of the plugin.
If you got this error ""Access to the path 'Nop.Plugin.Feed.GoogleShopping.dll' is denied." in the administration, although the site seems to be working in the beginning,  actually the uploaded plugin's folder is corrupted.  All files and folders inside the plugin will be deleted i.e Views, Content, plugin.json etc. except the dll file that was left because of the access error above.

In other words if you use this functionality and you don't have permissions then this would corrupt the installation and you end up with broken plugins.

Maybe you should improve the upload plugin functionality by trying to delete the plugin's dll file first and if it is not successful then do not delete the rest of the files thus not corrupting the original plugin. If the dll file is deleted successfully then you can go ahead and delete the other files of the plugin.

Thanks,
Boyko
2 anos atrás
Sergei-k wrote:
Thank you Boyko for your explanation. Despite the fact that with shadow copying disabled, plug-ins were not updated on the runtime, I agree that the mechanism needs to be improved. I created this ticket and we will make the necessary changes in the next version.

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for looking at this!

By the way, our theme packages contain a theme + 15 plugins and I have noticed that when you upload a theme package only the plugins are updated but not the theme. We got an error saying "Theme with this name already exists".
Is this by design? If so then maybe you can add an option to ask the client if they are OK to override the theme or not.

We have clients that request new features or report bugs in the themes and they need to update their themes/plugins regularly to get the new versions.
You can imagine how they would feel if they upload a package and their website crashes or it is corrupted in some way so making it work as robust as possible is quite important.

p.s: If you need some more complex packages or need any help/feedback on this please let me know and I will assist.

Thanks,
Boyko
2 anos atrás
What happens when an admin page is loaded for the first time ?
Dont know if anyone else has see this ?

page is unformated and It has
Wait...
then menu options
John Smith
Logout
Public store

When checking for errors I see the style and scripts have not loaded and i get this error

Refused to apply style from 'https://mystore.selectsystems.com.au/css/LanguageList.Head.styles.css?v=3HS1hQ9ZH3FmjXXUm_dRUdwbrJg' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.
LanguageList.Footer.scripts.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()
kendo.messages.en-US.js:1262 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'jQuery')
    at kendo.messages.en-US.min.js:16:25768
    at kendo.messages.en-US.min.js:16:81
    at kendo.messages.en-US.min.js:16:85
List:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Globalize is not defined
    at List:1:25130
List:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: kendo is not defined
    at List:1:25206

If I hit refresh it goes away and the page loads

Only happens when you load a new page that has not been loaded before
Tried restart application / stop and start webserver and apppool

Still does it on every new page not loaded before
including every time I edit a new product, product attribute edit, forum, etc
A bit frustrating
2 anos atrás
Yidna wrote:
What happens when an admin page is loaded for the first time ?
Refused to apply style from 'https://mystore.selectsystems.com.au/css/LanguageList.Head.styles.css?v=3HS1hQ9ZH3FmjXXUm_dRUdwbrJg' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.

Hi! Where is nopCommerce hosted? Have you made any changes related to static files?
2 anos atrás
It is on a Windows VPS with SQL Server
No changes to the Standard Download
Built with VS2022 and uploaded

Maybe I will rebuild and try again ?
2 anos atrás
Yidna wrote:

5xx errors are caused by the server. Can you disable the JS/CSS bundling? Let me know if anything changes.
2 anos atrás
alexey.a wrote:

5xx errors are caused by the server. Can you disable the JS/CSS bundling? Let me know if anything changes.

@Yidna,

It would be great if you could enable the Trace Failed Requests Logging in IIS and share the results with us.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.