Implementing tiered discounts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anos atrás
Hi guys,

A client wants to implement a tiered discount feature and before Tiered Pricing is bought up, this is not possible because the store has hundreds of items and it is not practical to update each one of them.

I'm thinking of adding IDiscountRequirementRule.CalculateDiscountAmount and update the ICalculationService to fulfill this requirement.

Is there an easier way of achieving this function without or with minimal changes to the code?

Thanks!
2 anos atrás
I am just throwing out a suggestion, as I do not want to violate your before you bring up Tier pricing rules.
It is possible to write a database procedure to update the TierPrice table with the values, avoiding the task of doing it administratively one by one.
Of course this would depend on your complexity  of requirements and knowledge of SQL.
2 anos atrás
It may be possible to just create a new type (plugin) of Discount Requirement - e.g. "Has Quantity N or More"
If you create multiple instances of discounts using that rule - e.g.  10% for "has more than 2", 15% for "has more than 4", then the nopC core should assign just one having the largest discount amount.
2 anos atrás
glhays wrote:
I am just throwing out a suggestion, as I do not want to violate your before you bring up Tier pricing rules.
It is possible to write a database procedure to update the TierPrice table with the values, avoiding the task of doing it administratively one by one.
Of course this would depend on your complexity  of requirements and knowledge of SQL.

Thought of this but it isn't sustainable. The client will become dependent on us every time they want to create an promo.
2 anos atrás
laazsx wrote:

Thought of this but it isn't sustainable. The client will become dependent on us every time they want to create an promo.

Yep, with a client that creates a different set of complexities. None of the offered discount plugins will fit your requirements or at least get you started on developing your own plugin that does.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.