Arvixe hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 лет назад
I registered with Arvixe about a week ago, setup was very easy. But day after day I started encountering performance issue and down time to database and the server performance is terible. Every day I live chated with their support for .5 to 1.5 hours:( very frustrating. Email forwarding stoped working for me, their tech supp told me I have to creat test(s) account for them to trouble shoot... hmmm Why do I have to do it???... The Server I'm being hosted on has more than 1000(thousand) databases, is that normal? hmmm it's a personal hosting account which is not free I pay for it 5/month it's cheap! (Maybe you get what you pay for?) But again nopCommerce recomended them!!! Their tech support told me if you want something better you have to upgrade to business hosting for 22$/month vs 5/month for personal, expensive!  Any other ppl have Arvixe as their hosting? pls provide your feedback, as I'm thinking of canning hosting with them and going back with my previous godaddy hosting...
12 лет назад
Any database intensive ecommerce program is not going to run well on shared hosting.
It may run good sometimes, but not always.
You have to use dedicated hosting.
Yes it costs more, but the website performance is excellent.
Shared hosting is only good for website that do not have much code or database hits.
I'm using dedicated on Arvixe and it has been great so far.
12 лет назад
are you paying 22$/month?
12 лет назад
alex851 wrote:
are you paying 22$/month?
I mean over 100$/month that if your business is making lots of money!! u can aford when it's a startup u can't afford even 20$ a month
12 лет назад
Hi,

Dont know about you guys over in the states have ntl virgin (used to be nynex) they do a business package which i have for £40-50 per month inc phone and have a static IP for £5 extra a month, we run our own servers.

Over here we used to use 123reg.co.uk which we had no problems with prior to that we used 1and1.co.uk which are also very good, i think 123reg do an e-commerce package for £20 or so.
12 лет назад
Thats a good idea to host your self, but the metenace, up time, security(very important) is hard to manage your self with little knowledge... but will keep that option in mind...
12 лет назад
I'm sorry for your issues. What server are you on? What is your ticket ID?
12 лет назад
arvand wrote:
I'm sorry for your issues. What server are you on? What is your ticket ID?

Issues have been closed already!
After 4-6 days Arvixe resolved the email forwarding issues with hotmail.com...
The performace got better but still when the site is not used for like 30+ min everything get unloaded from IIS and the memory. so the next time I hit the domain URL with in 5-10 sec I get [Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage ] soon right after I click F5(refresh) website shows fast I'm not sure if it has to do with nopcommerce FIRST TIME INITIALIZATION or the webserver it self... i've noticed that in development environment as well! any one has similare issues?
12 лет назад
Hello,
try optimize a nopcommerce project. Check here http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/
Eg: in web.config debug option must be "false", jquery with ui scripts place with CDN, use Gzip, place pictures of theme to CDN server.
You will get performance.
12 лет назад
i have same problem always with Arvixe server and after many tickets and online chat , i decided to find another server company and im still looking for company , godady also has some problems i think because in nopcommerce forum i read many problems for godady and i decided to buy dedicated server , which company good and cheap for dedicated server ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.