Arvixe Scheduled Downtime 20 Mins into 8 and still going hours! Server and Support not working!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 лет назад
Last night my server (maple) went down for a memory upgrade.  I was unaware, it was scheduled for downtime.  Of course Thursday and Friday are the busy days of business.  It was supposed to be down for 20 min, and they say it only was.  So I contacted customer support via live chat.  All I got was canned answers.  Site is still down and its been over 10 hours.  Technical report is also non responsive.

Christian Scott: Server is supposed to be bak up, but the appliation pool keeps stopping directing it to the folder in my hosting space becomes unselected
Mike Atkins: Let me check that for you... please wait.
Christian Scott: Alright still down, I need it backup and i want this month credited
Support Center: https://support.arvixe.com/

Forward

Arvixe

10:46 PM (10 hours ago)

to sales

Department: Support
Full Name: Christian Scott
Email: [email protected]
Your Question: Site still down, says server is back up
Staff: Mike Atkins
Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
There are currently 12 chat request(s) before you in the chat queue.
Your request is important to us. Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with Mike Atkins - Support
Mike Atkins: Hello and thank you for contacting Arvixe. Before we begin, may I have your billing username please (the one you use to login to billing.arvixe.com with)?
Christian Scott: *******
Christian Scott: Server is supposed to be bak up, but the appliation pool keeps stopping directing it to the folder in my hosting space becomes unselected
Mike Atkins: Let me check that for you... please wait.
Christian Scott: Alright still down, I need it backup and i want this month credited
Mike Atkins: is your domain on dedicated IP ?
Christian Scott: yes
Christian Scott: 1 hour 30 minutes down
Mike Atkins: I have escalated the issue to my senior admin
Mike Atkins: I shall update you shortly
Christian Scott: 35 minutes of canned answers
Mike Atkins: I am sorry for the delay, but we are still working on this issue.
Mike Atkins: If you want to stay you are most welcome otherwise I shall email you once it is fixed
12 лет назад
Anoop Thomas: Hello and thank you for contacting Arvixe. How can I assist you? If at any point of this conversation, you don't receive a response from me for a prolonged period of time, it may be possible that you were disconnected. If you think we may have disconnected please simply restart the chat session through our website.
Christian Scott: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12973/arvixe-scheduled-downtime-20-mins-into-8-and-still-going-hours-server-and-support-not-working.aspx
Anoop Thomas: May I have your billing username (the one you use to login to billing.arvixe.com with)?
Christian Scott: ******
Anoop Thomas: Server maple is currently up and responding fine. Can you please let me know the url you are having the issue
Christian Scott: www.happycoral.com
Christian Scott: www.thriftyreefer.com
Christian Scott: www.store.happycoral.com
Anoop Thomas: Let me check that for you... please wait.
Anoop Thomas: One of our admins are working on this now. You may please check back after a few minutes
Christian Scott: still down
Anoop Thomas: Our admins are still checking the issue. Kindly hold on
Christian Scott: Still down, I have been waiting for 12 hours. Check thread here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12973/arvixe-scheduled-downtime-20-mins-into-8-and-still-going-hours-server-and-support-not-working.aspx
Christian Scott: Clock says 46 minutes in chat
Anoop Thomas: Our admins are still checking the issue. Your patience is highly appreciated.
Christian Scott: $$$$$$$$$$ Lost, $$$$$$$$ Lost
Christian Scott: 1 hour in chat nothing accomplished. Surprise Surprise, still have admins looking at it. They were looking at it 12 hours ago.
12 лет назад
Was up briefly but very slow.  Now it is down again called technical support 1t 12:02pm Eastern time, they stated that there is no resolution at this time and they are working on it.
12 лет назад
I'm on maple as well.  The server didn't just go down, they installed a windows update that screwed up the .net app pool, at least this is what a support person told me.

But look at the bright side, at least they didn't change your static IP address on you like they did on me. Now I have to wait another 24 - 48 hours for propagation.
12 лет назад
I would take the time and propagate somewhere else, it is much slower.
12 лет назад
I got offered 1 week credit.  The nerve they have.  Never knew I paid by the week.  STAY AWAY FROM ARVIXE!!!  I am looking for new options and will be moving along with a few other accounts I have control over.
12 лет назад
Letter from Arvixe

Hello,

Our downtime policy states that you will be refunded for any time over .01% that your server is down. If the server was down for 2 full days, which it was not, then you are owed $1.82. I credited you for a week by way of an apology.

We are not responsible for any costs or losses incurred by you beyond the cost of the account.

Best,

Jaron Rolfe
http://www.arvixe.com
Arvixe, LLC
===================
12 лет назад
Cost analysis plays important role when evaluating total asset maintenance cost, asset analytix provide comprehensive reports on various cost like downtime cost (http://www.assetanalytix.com/cost-analysis), preventive cost etc. Its ready to you report library helps decision makers take strategic decision.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.