Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 лет назад
I am on version 3.10 and want to upgrade to 3.7.

There are many code changes i have done in .cs files in order to accommodate customers requirement.

How i should proceed for upgradation  ,without losing my any customised functionalities.

Please help ASAP -- Thanks in advance
8 лет назад
@[email protected] I have upgrade the nopcommerce version from 2.7 to 3.4. I also changed the default code I mean the core source code.

What I did for update nopcommerce. Run db script from 2.7 to 3.4 and then change the code accordingly.

You can get the db script from https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/tree/develop/upgradescripts
7 лет назад
We just upgraded from 3.4 to 3.7
We began experiencing 2 frequently with multiple customers after upgrading to 3.7
The errors do not occur with all customers but enough so that our client's customer service dept. is getting buried.

Error 1 Object reference

Error while placing order. Error 1: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  7/4/2016 5:38:07 PM

Error 2 Duplicate transaction entry

Error while placing order. Error 1: Payment error: Error #E00027: The transaction was unsuccessful.. Error 2: Payment error: Error #11: A duplicate transaction has been submitted.
5 лет назад
Why dont you make instructions for upgrading no-source nop-commerce from 3.9 to 4.0; no information at all
4 года назад
I recently tried to upgrade from 2.9 to 4.2.  I had 10 nop websites that needed upgrading.  Getting error upon error, i got some help from fellow nop user named Saurabhdhi.  He helped me through a few of the first errors.  I eventually just had him to the complete upgrades on all 10 sites.  He was amazingly cheap, fast and thorough.  He even upgraded my plugins.

Go see saurabhdhir you can PM him from here for help or even have him do it.:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/67663/availability-of-paypal-direct-plug-in-in-nopcommerce-420
4 года назад
Hi folks! I am upgrading from 3.7 to 4.2. and find the notes found on "../installing/upgrading.html" confusing. I ran the 3.7 to 3.8 SQL script; removed all files except the Plugins and Settings, and renaming them as described in the upgrading [html] doc. The Readme.txt found in the upgrade (item #4) states "Upload new site files". But it does not list which files or where to find them. Also, after running the SQL upgrade script, the Admin-dashboard still reads version 3.70.

I am a C# programmer used to developing with webforms making me weak in the MVC environment. So, greater detail in the steps to take are greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
4 года назад
dojodon wrote:
Hi folks! I am upgrading from 3.7 to 4.2. and find the notes found on "../installing/upgrading.html" confusing. I ran the 3.7 to 3.8 SQL script; removed all files except the Plugins and Settings, and renaming them as described in the upgrading [html] doc. The Readme.txt found in the upgrade (item #4) states "Upload new site files". But it does not list which files or where to find them. Also, after running the SQL upgrade script, the Admin-dashboard still reads version 3.70.

I am a C# programmer used to developing with webforms making me weak in the MVC environment. So, greater detail in the steps to take are greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hi dojodon,
Only running the database upgrade script will not work. You need to follow below steps.

1. Run all the upgrade scripts available from 3.8.
2. Download source code version of 4.2.
3. Create a file dataSettings.json inside App_Data folder. Json format will be like this.
4. Create another file inside the same directory. New format will be like below.
{
  "InstalledPluginNames": [
    "Plugin1.SystemName",
    "Plugin2.SystemName"
  ],
  "PluginNamesToUninstall": [],
  "PluginNamesToDelete": [],
  "PluginNamesToInstall": []
}

Here installed plugin system names should be replaced by available system names in InstalledPlugins.txt.
5. Bring all customizations you have done in 3.7 default code base (except plugins). If there was no customization, then skip this.
6. Upgrade all third party or custom developed  plugins according to 4.2.
4 года назад
Thank you for the reply. The issue now (in order to compile using VS17) is to figure out the following error: "The current .NET SDK does not support targeting .NET Core 2.2.  Either target .NET Core 2.1 or lower...". I have set the frameworks to 2.1. However, the solution's error messages read a "2.2" target. Hmmm.
4 года назад
Version 4.2 is .Net Core 2.2
Maybe you need VS 2019 ?
Community Version is free
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
4 года назад
The Framework issue "2.2.x" is resolved, so it's just a code mopping-up now. Thank you for your help!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.