Is Volusion trying to scare people away from Nopcommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 лет назад
Here's a thought...
Maybe everyone here should click on their ad.  It costs them money when you click.
However, I assume they are getting the top spot because there are no other bidders for the "nopCommerce" keyword (there are no other ads on the right side), so they may not be paying much for the bid.

(The other downside to clicking it is that it increases their Ad Rank for the keyword)
10 лет назад
New York wrote:
Here's a thought...
Maybe everyone here should click on their ad.  It costs them money when you click.
However, I assume they are getting the top spot because there are no other bidders for the "nopCommerce" keyword (there are no other ads on the right side), so they may not be paying much for the bid.

(The other downside to clicking it is that it increases their Ad Rank for the keyword)

Better would be to program a pingdom click every minute ;-)
10 лет назад
I've just also got a reply from Volusion (the request has been sent to them about 10 days ago):

"The ads have been adjusted to be less abrasive out of courtesy. Thanks for your patience!"
10 лет назад
The advert should read "Nopcommerce kicks ass, Version 3.20 will blow your socks off"

;)
10 лет назад
Just did a quick search and there's a new nasty Volusion ad if you search nopCommerce on Google.com.au, it seems their self titled "courteous" removal of abrasive ads is not worth trusting a great deal Andrei.

new one is; "Don’t Trust nopCommerce - Malware Infections are Deadly‎"

I'm amazed anyone does business with a mob that focusses on attacking the competition so much - shows just how tenuous they must feel their market share is I guess.

Have reported this one as well.
10 лет назад
Just received one more reply from Volusion: "Yes, we changed our ads and deleted the abrasive versions - I just double checked with our ads manager. If you are still seeing them, I would recommend clearing your cookies"

Guys, I would really appreciate if you all could make some googling in your countries and let me know if you see any other offensive ads. Thanks
10 лет назад
a.m. wrote:
Just received one more reply from Volusion: "Yes, we changed our ads and deleted the abrasive versions - I just double checked with our ads manager. If you are still seeing them, I would recommend clearing your cookies"

Guys, I would really appreciate if you all could make some googling in your countries and let me know if you see any other offensive ads. Thanks

I just got this in the Australian Google:

Forget nopCommerce - Easier to Setup and PCI Certified‎
www.volusion.com/VSnopCommerce‎
Our Stores Sell More! Free Trial.
10 лет назад
This is what I got in the UK

Forget Their Commerce - Easier to Setup and PCI Certified‎
www.volusion.co.uk/VSnopCommerce‎
Our Stores Sell More. Free Trial.

and this one too:

Thinking nopCommerce? - All in One, Hosted, Free Support‎
www.volusion.co.uk/VSnopCommerce‎
Award-Winning. Get Free Trial Now!

I think the best we can do is to blog about Volusion's cheap marketing and compare it to nopCommerce.
People will always trust more the opinion of experts than paid ads.

Also, everyone in this forum can click on their ads so that it cost them a shed loads of money!
10 лет назад
Yeah, I was seeing the ones referring to malware about 3 weeks back when I was researching which store solution to go with.  To be honest, whilst I wondered if there was something up with nopCommerce I needed to know, it most certainly made me want to steer clear of Volusion.  

They're certainly being rather naughty in using nopcommerce in their adwords to bork the searches, but you could waste a lot of time and energy trying to fight them legally, especially without international trademarks and so forth.  

I wouldn't sink to their level of dirty tricks, I would however be pleased to see a bit of media attention, be nothing like a snippy article on theregister to show them up as desperate and unethical.
10 лет назад
I was not too thrilled to see these ads either. Below are two of the ads I've seen recently the first one was today and the second was a few weeks ago:

Google Search Ad
Forget nopCommerce - Easier to Setup and PCI Certified‎
www.volusion.com/VSnopCommerce‎
Our Stores Sell More! Free Trial.
Volusion has 653 followers on Google+

Windows Phone Bing Ad
Not Safe with Nop Commerce
www.volusion.com/VSnopCommerce
Don't Risk Getting Attacked. Switch to Saftey,
Get Free Trial

I also agree with Benguin. The best thing to do is just keep making nopCommerce the best solution. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.