One product for multiple items

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 лет назад
I have a spare part for sale. This spare part is suitable for several equipment models. How can I implement this so that a search for any of the models brings the customer to the same spare part.
At the moment I can list every model with the same part number seperatly but will the stock quantities not me inaccurate?

I would be grateful for any suggestions
10 лет назад
Elfeste wrote:
I have a spare part for sale. This spare part is suitable for several equipment models. How can I implement this so that a search for any of the models brings the customer to the same spare part.
At the moment I can list every model with the same part number seperatly but will the stock quantities not me inaccurate?

I would be grateful for any suggestions

If the number of models that can suit a part is not very high, say less than 20 you may do it using product tags, where each tag corresponds to an equipment model. If you are talking about vehicle parts or alike have a look here:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/20341/car-part-store-needs-search-design-help.aspx
10 лет назад
Thanks for the reply. This type of solution would improve the search but how would I control the stock levels?
10 лет назад
I had this problem too.  I posted a while back on this a while back:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/27231/pooled-stock-across-products.aspx  - no one answered though.

Sadly, for that particular site (actually, it was about 5 sites) it stopped us using nopCommerce.  Even if it's possible with nop, the story for it is too difficult.
10 лет назад
What did you use instead to fix the problem?
10 лет назад
We didn't.  It made nopCommerce a non-starter.  It was a migration from a proprietary ecommerce system over to nopCommerce.

We considered modifying the source for it -  but the problem there is the client would have been locked into a version, which defeated the point of migrating to an open source ecommerce store.

I commented more because I'm interested in where this topic leads.
10 лет назад
It looks like I will have to find an alternative to nop. I had been working on a custom php project that would have done the job but this looked like a good prospect especially as I have no webdesign flair. I can get it to work but it looks terrible. This would have looked better. Unfortunately, it does not have what I would have thought would have been a basic feature.

Oh well, back to the coding for me.
10 лет назад
pauldeen wrote:
I had this problem too.  I posted a while back on this a while back:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/27231/pooled-stock-across-products.aspx  - no one answered though.

Sadly, for that particular site (actually, it was about 5 sites) it stopped us using nopCommerce.  Even if it's possible with nop, the story for it is too difficult.

I think it can be done with attributes associated to products in which the quantity of products is predefined by store owner. Check example
10 лет назад
Thanks Eduardo,

From what I've seen here though, you can't share a product attribute between products.

So, if I had 100KG of sand stock, and three products: 1kg of sand , 5kg of sand , and 20kg of sand .  I can't seen how to have each of those products draw from the same pile of stock - even with product attributes.  It could be I'm missing something here, but I spent quite a while looking at it last year.

My understanding of attributes is that you might have 4 red in stock, 7 blue in stock and 0 yellow in stock.  But the quantity in stock are unique per product.  I could be wrong though

Thanks,

Paul
10 лет назад
pauldeen wrote:
Thanks Eduardo,

From what I've seen here though, you can't share a product attribute between products.

So, if I had 100KG of sand stock, and three products: 1kg of sand , 5kg of sand , and 20kg of sand .  I can't seen how to have each of those products draw from the same pile of stock - even with product attributes.  It could be I'm missing something here, but I spent quite a while looking at it last year.

My understanding of attributes is that you might have 4 red in stock, 7 blue in stock and 0 yellow in stock.  But the quantity in stock are unique per product.  I could be wrong though

Thanks,

Paul

Maybe there is a confusion between association to a grouped product (a simple product can only be associated to one grouped product) and to attribute values where a a product can be associated to several attribute values of different  attributes.
My example for you is:
- Your product is "Sand" (Manage inventory method:   Track inventory by product attributes)
- Your attribute is Weight Options, type Drop Down List whose values are 1 kg., 5 kg., 20 kg. and all of them  associated to a simple product (named "1 kg of sand", non visible individually, whose inventory is 100), with product quantities of 1, 5, and 20 respectively.

Please let me know if it works
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.