Thousands of empty customer records created every day

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 лет назад
Guys I too am experiencing this issue on 3.60

It is flooding my database and making my website unusable.
6 лет назад
I can't believe how this guys manage the support of this product.. They show up but don't answer any of the questions of the people with the real problem, so they quote them and still missing...

All the people who have this problem, please bump this thread up till we have a proper answer, every day we have to run the query to erease the guest customer so the clients can access to their sites.. it's so embarrassing..
6 лет назад
amibumpig wrote:
I can't believe how this guys manage the support of this product.. They show up but don't answer any of the questions of the people with the real problem, so they quote them and still missing...

All the people who have this problem, please bump this thread up till we have a proper answer, every day we have to run the query to erease the guest customer so the clients can access to their sites.. it's so embarrassing..

Hey there,

Please refer to two forum posts (one of my own) where I managed to find a solution for this issue.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/48938/am-i-under-dos-attack.aspx?p=2
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/48942/new-guest-every-second-and-10s-of-thousands-email-errors.aspx#194052

Check your RAW IIS logs to see what is causing the exploit. If it's guest users sending emails set the following to false in your settings:

catalogsettings.allowanonymoususerstoemailafriend
6 лет назад
BrickHunters wrote:

Hey there,

Please refer to two forum posts (one of my own) where I managed to find a solution for this issue.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/48938/am-i-under-dos-attack.aspx?p=2
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/48942/new-guest-every-second-and-10s-of-thousands-email-errors.aspx#194052

Check your RAW IIS logs to see what is causing the exploit. If it's guest users sending emails set the following to false in your settings:

catalogsettings.allowanonymoususerstoemailafriend

Hi BrickHunters for your quick answer, I've checked that setting set on false already, but still thousands of new gest users..
6 лет назад
I am not 100% sure that you can deny guest users from being created. Anyway, that wasn't the issue that was flooding our databases a few months ago, a simple clean-up schedule should get your sorted.

I would suggest getting an IP-block plugin if you can pin down the origin country IP's spamming your site. Presumably that is China, as it was for us. :)

I think Foxnet had such a plugin available
http://www.foxnetsoft.com/nopipfilter

Hope it helps,
Jef
6 лет назад
I am not 100% sure that you can deny guest users from being created. Anyway, that wasn't the issue that was flooding our databases a few months ago, a simple clean-up schedule should get your sorted.

I would suggest getting an IP-block plugin if you can pin down the origin country IP's spamming your site. Presumably that is China, as it was for us. :)

Hope it helps,
Jef
6 лет назад
BrickHunters wrote:

Hope it helps,
Jef

Thanks for your answer again, I have searched the logs, and the latest things that are constantly repeated are search bots, google bing..

What I don't understand is why the schedule task of deleting guest customer doesn't delete the entries....

And why the admins doesn't make a guide of things to test and discar, and not waste time in looking through a lot of threads, I imagine not all the people who uses nopcommerce has developer knowledge, for that is good a guide in where and what to look to find the problem.
4 года назад
Hi,

I'm getting about 150,000 blank records a day being created by the Apple bots.  The IP addresses are from 17.58.98.*
I've updated to the latest browscap file and NOP recreated the crawler file and still the Apple bots are creating blank records.  Does anyone else have this issue?  How do you know what the bot is sending so you can add a line to the browscap file?  I emailed Apple's bot help but never received a reply.

Thanks!
3 года назад
Same problem with me, but in a higher version 4.3
3 года назад
This is my solution, I was able to limit the new guest account, each IP accessing the website will be created as 1 new guest account.
In this case, you can Disable the DeleteGuests task as it will no longer be needed.

Open the file at the path: Nopcommerce\Libraries\Nop.Services\Customers\CustomerService.cs
and add the following line of code:

public virtual Customer InsertGuestCustomer()
        {
            //KEVIN NGUYEN - get current IP address
            var currentIpAddress = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<IWebHelper>().GetCurrentIpAddress();
            if (CommonHelper.IsValidIpAddress(currentIpAddress))
            {
                var guest = _customerRepository.Table.Where(x => x.LastIpAddress == currentIpAddress
                                                    && (x.Username == null || x.Username == string.Empty)
                                                    && (x.Email == null || x.Email == string.Empty)
                                                    && !x.IsSystemAccount)?.FirstOrDefault();
                if (guest != null)
                    return guest;
            }

var customer = new Customer
            {
                CustomerGuid = Guid.NewGuid(),
                Active = true,
                CreatedOnUtc = DateTime.UtcNow,
                LastActivityDateUtc = DateTime.UtcNow,
                LastIpAddress = currentIpAddress
            };

//add to 'Guests' role
            var guestRole = GetCustomerRoleBySystemName(NopCustomerDefaults.GuestsRoleName);
            if (guestRole == null)
                throw new NopException("'Guests' role could not be loaded");

_customerRepository.Insert(customer);

AddCustomerRoleMapping(new CustomerCustomerRoleMapping { CustomerId = customer.Id, CustomerRoleId = guestRole.Id });

return customer;
        }

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.