Ideas for next Nopcommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 лет назад
Hi all,

We've seen the developing of the nop community recently, i'm using it every day and continue to use it.

However, with the emergence of JS world, I think Nop should focus more on Client interface.

Today, i bumped into Reaction Commerce built with NodeJs and got stunned by its simplicity and visual effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=48&v=tQm80OYzux8

With the current Nop admin system, users get confused a lot how to manage the content, not great productive and intuitive enough. End users don't need to learn all the things behind, just click and run, world is changing fast.

Even in tech, yesterday is LAMP and .NET, today is MEAN (mongo, express, angular, nodejs) all in JS world. We might need to consider to integrate some or evolve something more than just adding new features.
9 лет назад
You're talking about abandoning .NET totally and Nop Commerce is an ASP.NET MVC web application. Without asp.net MVC there is no Nop Commerce. Now the future is not just the MEAN stack. MEAN might even just be a fad and hasn't been around that long. ASP.NET has been around since 2001 and I'll take ASP.NET over Node any day. Besides you can do the same thing with ASP.NET Web API, SQL Server, and AngularJS.
9 лет назад
wmwebsites wrote:
You're talking about abandoning .NET totally and Nop Commerce is an ASP.NET MVC web application. Without asp.net MVC there is no Nop Commerce. Now the future is not just the MEAN stack. MEAN might even just be a fad and hasn't been around that long. ASP.NET has been around since 2001 and I'll take ASP.NET over Node any day. Besides you can do the same thing with ASP.NET Web API, SQL Server, and AngularJS.

Agreed. +1
9 лет назад
To achieve nice functionality and look you have to use intensively JS ok , there are plugins that do that someone will say,  but the problem of the plugins is that they add a lot of overhead and some of the things have to be rewritten almost from scratch so a lot of unnecessary code is added, the overall speed starts to suffers and the client have to spend more money for better hosting plans. Nopcommerce is missing a nice webAPI not a plugin but integrated into the solution itself this will open alot of possibilities of enhancing nopcommerce without loosing performance. I think vNext will force the developers to start to think in a new ways so this will come naturally.
9 лет назад
wmwebsites wrote:

What I really meant is not to switch completely to other languages but to evolve the admin UI a lot more friendly and maybe using JS language may ease the developing process on the front end.

You can also reuse your MVC knowledge on languages like Angular, no problem. It gives you a complete control over the DOM, so we have all the materials to make UI looks real time, fast and smooth. just look at this site: https://thinkster.io/ , great site for learning these stuff.

Didn't you see on Reaction commerce or many other CMS/Services like Wix.com, end users get to know how to operate the system easily, whereas in nop, you have to read and try a lot to get the idea.

Nop is getting bigger and more complex  to end users, to the point that even an experienced developer sometimes gets lost to find a way to manage the site.

By the way, you take asp.net over node any day is your own opinion, not what the world thinks today. NodeJs has a huge adaptation from top 500 companies.

NuGet is growing, but as of today the numbers are clear: 325 million total package downloads on NuGet at all times, 665 million downloads in the last month alone on npm.
I dont't want to compare one to the other, just why not integrate more js to make UI looks smoother to get more customers and devs ?
8 лет назад
Hi,

In the past years I've been consulting to companies on how to improve their development process, jump into agile and leave in continuous delivery world.

Many companies have shift to node.js which have major benefits over the .Net world (speed, multi platforms, community and more).

But when it comes to ALM I would raise all my fingers for .Net over any other development platform or language.

I see again and again that the main and most important issue these days is to manage your development process (and code). This enables you to deliver your software faster and safer and will strength your business.

As Most of us are small-medium businesses we are more sensitive to timelines and functional aspects of product delivery and not to application performance (which are quite good in nop), I put the ALM and total cost of ownership up above the benefits I get from platform/technology.

Unfortunately node.js is not there yet, while .Net (and Asp.Net MVC is surely there).

Don't get me wrong - Asp.Net has a lot of disadvantages and Microsoft is ... well, you know Microsoft is Microsoft but when it comes to business aspects for small-medium businesses MS stack is one of the leaders.

These days we are working on node.js app with asp.Net back end. I will add link to blog posts we publish
8 лет назад
@roishabtai: I agree with what you say, that's why i'm still using nopcommerce as the framework, just that I integrate Angularjs in some parts to replace jquery and only use it when needed because SPA weakest disadvantage is its SEO ability, too much work to get it to work properly.

After using Angulars, i just don't want to go back to jquery any more.
8 лет назад
Team,
We would like to know how to add another admin module similar to product.

For example: Logistics

We need to provide a complete plugin for logistics and logistics providers. Similar to Product and Manufacturer so how I can copy the complete product admin module to work for Logistics.

I hope my question is clear for understanding. Your help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasanna V.
8 лет назад
prasan2nop wrote:
Team,
We would like to know how to add another admin module similar to product.

For example: Logistics

We need to provide a complete plugin for logistics and logistics providers. Similar to Product and Manufacturer so how I can copy the complete product admin module to work for Logistics.

I hope my question is clear for understanding. Your help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasanna V.

Hi Prasanna,

Can you please explain with more details? Moreover, I suggest you to create a new topic here for development related questions.
8 лет назад
prasan2nop wrote:

Please stop duplicating of forum posts (deleted)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.