<connectionStrings>

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 лет назад
Hi all

My hosting provider is insisting that I connect to the msSql database using <connectionStrings> in the web.config. Is this possible and if so what is the name?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
8 лет назад
nopCommerce has the connection string in \Presentation\Nop.Web\App_Data\Settings.txt
It uses the same format as one would use in a web.config file.
8 лет назад
I have added the connection string to the settings file, but I am still getting an error. Does the settings.txt file just create my connection string as it would if their was a connection string in the web.config? If so, it might be the data my hosting provider is telling me to use to connect to the database.

Updating the settings file throws the error message "No database instance".
8 лет назад
wattledbulbs wrote:
I have added the connection string to the settings file, but I am still getting an error. Does the settings.txt file just create my connection string as it would if their was a connection string in the web.config? If so, it might be the data my hosting provider is telling me to use to connect to the database.

Be sure that your settings.txt file looks like this:

DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=SQL5020.smarterasp.net;Initial Catalog=db_9bc16b_n360_1;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=DB_9cb16c_n360_1_admin;Password=test123!
8 лет назад
Hi,

if it's not solved yet, you could look through this posts - there are more than one possibilities to fail with the connection string ;-)
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/search.aspx?searchterms=%22no+database+instance%22

HTH
8 лет назад
wattledbulbs wrote:

There can be two reasons for this -
1)Either the database with same name is not present at your server
2)Check your authentication mode is windows authentication or Sql Server Authentication

Yoour connection string should look like this-
For windows authentication mode:
DataConnectionString: Data Source=ServerName;
Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;
Integrated Security=True;
Persist Security Info=False;
MultipleActiveResultSets=True

For Sql Server authentication mode:
DataConnectionString: Data Source=ServerName;
Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;
Integrated Security=False;
Persist Security Info=False;
User ID=YourUsername;
Password=YourPassword
2 года назад
thanks this question help us lot
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.