nopCoomerce very slow on loadup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
Hi
Just downloaded nopCommerce(with Source Code) and playing around with it
In Visual Studio, when I press F5, it takes about 3 minutes for the home page to appear
Says:  waiting for localhost

Can this be improved upon ?

It deoe eventually come up and seems ok
7 лет назад
While taking 3 minutes is uncommon, startup does take longer time than subsequent requests. After warming up, nopCommerce will get back on speed. :)
7 лет назад
Thanks Lam
I think it may be something to do with localhost......
Maybe nothing to do with nopCommerce , as there are some references in google to slow localhost startup
7 лет назад
You could check settings like loading all localization at startup. This will take some more time, but your overall experience should be more fluent. However this functionality is IMHO only wanted when running in production, it isn't when developing and restarting the application alot.
7 лет назад
Hi Max
Thanks for your reply
.... loading all localization at startup.[i][/i]

Where can I adjust this setting ?
7 лет назад
Fir which version do you talk about?
Slow disk drive, iis express, slow memory.
For me version 3.70 on dev, test and production on initial load works fine.

Boris
7 лет назад
Hi Vorodot. Thanks for your reply
Its ver 3.8
Everything else o machine is fine with speed, and once site starts,its also ok
Its just the initial load  before the first page is opened...It takes about 3 minutes
7 лет назад
I've yet not tried v3.80. Maybe you could try glimpse or check monitoring tool in visual studio 2015 to find the place where most time is spent to load.
7 лет назад
Hi what you could do to speed things up is: not build everything everytime. For example if you don't need Nop tests you could disable the build this should speed things up.

You can find it in VS under:
Build> Configuration Manager

Keep an eye on the release of NOP Commerce 4.0 This will be build upon ASP.NET Core which will run a lot faster and don't need builds anymore you can then edit stuff on the fly and refresh in the browser.
7 лет назад
Sorry are you talking about F5 (run) in vs or hitting F5 in the browser?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.