Screencast. Overview of conditional product attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
Please welcome the new screencast by Lavish Kumar. In this video he'll tell you about conditional product attributes in nopCommerce - https://youtu.be/eIdHVcEdos8

Level: Beginner
7 лет назад
Hello,

On your demo version, when you click on a product, the specification attribute appears directly and you do not need to click on the bar to display it. How do I make my attributes appear as in your demo version ?

I could not create another post desolate
7 лет назад
Uff... this is semi useful if at all?

Is there a built-in way to achive this simple scenario in nopCommerce:
- user selects T-shirt XYZ
- this T-Shirt is in blue color, sizes M and L. Also in green, size XL, S.
- when on product page, user has to choose color and size.
- if user choose color BLUE, the options for size should only be M and L
- if user choose color green, the options for size should only be XL and S

I guess this is something almost every e shop needs. Grouped products and their variants are pretty useless/ineffective from selling point of view.

If there is a way to achive upper scenario without custom coding, please do tell :)

Thank you.
7 лет назад
neolab wrote:
Uff... this is semi useful if at all?

Is there a built-in way to achive this simple scenario in nopCommerce:
- user selects T-shirt XYZ
- this T-Shirt is in blue color, sizes M and L. Also in green, size XL, S.
- when on product page, user has to choose color and size.
- if user choose color BLUE, the options for size should only be M and L
- if user choose color green, the options for size should only be XL and S

I guess this is something almost every e shop needs. Grouped products and their variants are pretty useless/ineffective from selling point of view.

If there is a way to achive upper scenario without custom coding, please do tell :)

Thank you.

Yes. 3 attributes:
1) For color
2) For sizes M and L; conditioned to color=Blue
3) For sizes X and S; conditioned to color=Green
7 лет назад
Tecnofin wrote:
Yes. 3 attributes:
1) For color
2) For sizes M and L; conditioned to color=Blue
3) For sizes X and S; conditioned to color=Green

It's not actually possible to achieve that with the way that conditional product attributes currently work though because it's the whole attribute availability that's dependant on the value of another attribute, not the individual values of the attribute.

It's probably easier to see what I mean if you go to the demo site: http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Product/Edit/25 and try to make the size dependant on the colour. You'd be limited to only having size selection for one colour.

It's also not possible to add the same attribute twice so it's not like you can have one set of sizes displayed for red and another set of sizes for blue (unless you create 2 different product attributes like BlueSizes and RedSizes, but it doesn't scale well). It was possible to add the same attribute twice in v3.70 when conditional attributes were first introduced but it was changed in this commit for 3.80 (I'm not sure why but maybe it caused an issue somewhere else).

There are still many situations where conditional attributes are useful but I can understand neolab's frustrations as it's easy to think they're going to work a certain way and it's only once you actually try to set them up that you find these limitations.
3 года назад
Is there any update about this feature in v 4.30?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.