Excluded pages in new Search Console

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 лет назад
I've started using the new Search Console and basically, it's rather convenient. But I have a question about the excluded pages. The number of such pages - namely Crawled - currently not indexed - constantly varies in the reports for my Personal Money Service site that offers financial services online. And I wonder how many excluded pages do you see in your new search console?

I've made a slight research and found out that on large websites, it can take a long time to get all pages crawled and indexed. Thus, Google is just letting you know that it has discovered those pages but they have not been added to the index yet. What do you think about this idea?
6 лет назад
juliarivers wrote:
I've started using the new Search Console and basically, it's rather convenient. But I have a question about the excluded pages. The number of such pages - namely Crawled - currently not indexed - constantly varies in the reports for my Personal Money Service site that offers financial services online. And I wonder how many excluded pages do you see in your new search console?

I've made a slight research and found out that on large websites, it can take a long time to get all pages crawled and indexed. Thus, Google is just letting you know that it has discovered those pages but they have not been added to the index yet. What do you think about this idea?

You're correct. Make sure that all the pages are there correctly listed in your sitemap.xml file and are allowed by robots.txt. Depending on page update frequency Google will ultimately crawl all pages it found. The Search console is a good way to make these information available to store owners.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.