Unable to locate .Net Core SDK on 4.3 Beta or .net core 3.1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Hello Team,

We're facing issue (Unable to locate .Net Core SDK) on 4.3 beta while open solution in vs 2019. if you are facing same issue follow below steps.

1. Close visual studio.
2. Run dotnet --list-sdks from the command line. Take note of the greatest version number.
3. Go to root folder of project.
4. Create a global.json file at the root of the solution with the exact version number from step 2. it needs to contain all the digits otherwise it wont work. This is the my version at the time of writing.

{
  "sdk": {
    "version": "3.1.101"
  }
}

5. Then try to open project in visual studio again. And you win :)

Hope this information will help you.

Thanks,
Jatin
3 года назад
Hello, Jatin.
Many thank you for the investigation, but there is a global.json file in our project. Your problem is that you have a lower version than the one on which we build our packages for publication and testing. We recommend that you use the same version of SDK as we do, so you will avoid possible compatibility issues
3 года назад
Sergei-k wrote:
Hello, Jatin.
Many thank you for the investigation, but there is a global.json file in our project. Your problem is that you have a lower version than the one on which we build our packages for publication and testing. We recommend that you use the same version of SDK as we do, so you will avoid possible compatibility issues

Yes you have global.json out side of src folder here: https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/

Many developer made mistake and download only src folder and they will miss that file and facing issue on running project. and wasting many hours. So i created post. so developer will find solution easily. What do you think it is not good idea :)

Thanks,
Jatin
3 года назад
Helpfull.
My version is 5.0.102
In Global.json was 5.0.103.
kkk I change, clean e now works.

A tips is get the version sdk, put a minimal for avoid problems.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.