quantity or weight button

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Hi
I run a store https://zanzuri.co.il - Online grocery store
I want to create an item that can be selected either quantity or weight
to add a button and conversion to pure weighted items

Something similar to  - https://www.bastasababa.com
Anyone know a plugin like that?
3 года назад
Hello, did you find any kind of solution? I need this functionality too
3 года назад
steelgr wrote:
kind of solution?

What about product attributes? Just add "Unit" and set as radio button values "quantity/weight".
I know, that is not perfect, but maybe will work for you?

Regards,
Tom
3 года назад
I will try this
3 года назад
RE:  Just add "Unit" and set as radio button values "quantity/weight"

I don't think that would work, because the price per unit vs weight is not the same.
3 года назад
New York wrote:
I don't think that would work, because the price per unit vs weight is not the same.

Sure, but there is also something like "Price adjustment" which may be added.
Just like mentioned above - it is not perfect, but available by default without any customization :).

Regards,
Tom
3 года назад
New York wrote:
RE:  Just add "Unit" and set as radio button values "quantity/weight"

I agree..... all the work arounds can be made to work with fudging numbers to calculate out, but there is no real UOM system in default nopCommerce. Can you imagine adding that to the existing admin product page, it is already ballooning in functionalities. At some point the page will not even load in a fairly reasonable time. The whole ecommerce platform is based on selling a product and nopCommerce seems stuck in this I sell 1 thing 1 way with attributes and pricing structure.
I think at some time the catalog/product admin is needing to be separated. Product admin can be whole entity of its own. Why someone hasn't created a plugin to handle a more diverse product managing system to run in default nopCommerce is a bit odd. Probably bc nopCommerce is consistently evolving year after year due to technology and the need to be so cross-platform. Answered my own questions. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.