Problem Installer version 4.30 with MySQL 8.0.19

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
I'm trying to install the new version 4.30 locally with mysql 8.0.19.
In the installation process I set the following line to connect to the db:
Database=nopcommerce;Port=3307;Data Source=127.0.0.1;User Id=root; Password=xxxxxx

Installation begin and in mysql database I have 121 Tables and 1 Function but installation return:
Setup failed: Fatal error encountered during command execution.

how can i solve?
3 года назад
I resolve add "AllowUserVariables=True;" in mysql connection string
3 года назад
NopCommerce Community,  

Hope all is well with you.  Just need some guidance on the location of the connection string for MySQL.  I had to re-install MySQL due to I had forgotten the Admin password I created.  (I did try to reset the password manually per online suggestions, but none worked.)   If you can let me know where I can find the connection string for MySQL that would be great.   I know in previous versions, the connection string was stored in appsettings.txt.   Since we have moved from Entity Framework,  I know the string is stored in another location.   My goal is to get the installer page so I can the enter connection string and recreate the database.    

Thanks for your help and much success in your nopCommerce deployments!
GDD Bless
3 года назад
rgtDev wrote:
NopCommerce Community,  

Hope all is well with you.  Just need some guidance on the location of the connection string for MySQL.  I had to re-install MySQL due to I had forgotten the Admin password I created.  (I did try to reset the password manually per online suggestions, but none worked.)   If you can let me know where I can find the connection string for MySQL that would be great.   I know in previous versions, the connection string was stored in appsettings.txt.   Since we have moved from Entity Framework,  I know the string is stored in another location.   My goal is to get the installer page so I can the enter connection string and recreate the database.    

Thanks for your help and much success in your nopCommerce deployments!
GDD Bless

Hi rgtDev

You will find the connection string in the App_Data folder, in the file dataSettings.json

If you wish to 'reset' nopCommerce and start at the installer page afresh, you can delete the dataSettings.json file (you may also need to delete the plugins.json file in the same location)

Jon
3 года назад
Thanks JonQuick!

Makes sense to delete the dataSettings.json file so the installer page displays.  That is the same process when we had appSettings.txt file.   Now, why didn’t I think of that?  

Thanks again for your help JonQuick.   Much success in your NopCommerce deployments.

Cheers!
rgtDev
один год назад
Hello Everyone

I face some issues with using nopcommerce and MySQL.  nopcommerce version is 4.5.0.0 and MySQL version is 8.0.29 below error is getting  

.... λ fluentmigrator.runner.iversionloader

the database is created with no connection string issue but tables are not created.

how can I resolve it?..
один год назад
the version com with nopcommerce is 8.0.28 update it to 8.0.29 it shold work
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.