How can i test multi store functionality with single domain ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Hello,

I have some questions regarding multi-store functionality:

- I have on domain i.e. store1.com (In this domain we have 2 different directories)
  1) store1.com/abc
  2) store2.com/xyz

- Now I configured these 2 stores on my nop commerce admin, but nothing is changing as it supposes to be.

- I am not sure how we can make it possible using 2 different directories, or do we have to use two different domains?

- I have read the whole document regarding the multi-store functionality but we are trying to test it on two different directories instead of taking two different domain, is there any way we can do this?
3 года назад
No you can not use directories to make different stores - You need to use different domains
i.e.
store1.xyz.com (or you could use store.firstdomian.com) - Store 1
store2.xyz.com (or you could use store.seconddomain.com) - Store 2
When you have the website setup in the host directory
Then you bind all the domains to that same website
Then setup the stores in the configuration and enter the domain linked to each store
3 года назад
If you don't want to purchase 2nd  domain-name just yet, you can edit the local 'hosts' file on your Development PC (windows) in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

<public ip of your web server>  store.firstdomain.com
<public ip of your web server>  store.seconddomain.com

This will take priority over any public DNS records and point you straight to your webserver, even though the domain/DNS does not exist on public internet.  Limited of course to your local PC, so you would not be able demo to customers, but ok for personal testing

Yidna wrote:
No you can not use directories to make different stores - You need to use different domains
i.e.
store1.xyz.com (or you could use store.firstdomian.com) - Store 1
store2.xyz.com (or you could use store.seconddomain.com) - Store 2
When you have the website setup in the host directory
Then you bind all the domains to that same website
Then setup the stores in the configuration and enter the domain linked to each store
3 года назад
arunpande123 wrote:
Hello,

I have some questions regarding multi-store functionality:

- I have on domain i.e. store1.com (In this domain we have 2 different directories)
  1) store1.com/abc
  2) store2.com/xyz

- Now I configured these 2 stores on my nop commerce admin, but nothing is changing as it supposes to be.

- I am not sure how we can make it possible using 2 different directories, or do we have to use two different domains?

- I have read the whole document regarding the multi-store functionality but we are trying to test it on two different directories instead of taking two different domain, is there any way we can do this?

Using two different directories is not possible.

The best way is to use two different domains or sub-domains. And if you don't have domains you can test it by changing host file in Windows and then map it to your site in IIS.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.