Marketplace Themes gone?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Hello All,

I may well be the most recent addition to this group having been on here for just a couple months... I must say It was terrifying finding out the plugins/market place was no longer - It was very much the deciding factor for me during my platform provider market research.

Being relatively new to the platform, the Nopcommerce name provides much reassurance which extends to all the content found on the site, but if you begin sending novices like me externally to different providers the confidence is lost very quickly. please don't under-estimate the power of single sourced solutions -  a single and concise collection of dev tools/resources.

The branding has been so positive that I even went along with a recommended hosting provider but now it has become a question of do I cut my losses and seek out alternatives? The plugins gave the confidence of experimentation and helped steer development. I appreciate the monetization argument , while I do not speak for other more learned individuals here I would happily pay a modest annual fee 75-100 to have access to the marketplace.

The timing also may not be the best conceived especially considering as the pandemic has lots of people taking a leap into starting their own businesses. To many of us the market place provided a reassuring comfort working hand-in hand with the forums to guided us through all challenges. (especially the non-savvy) to whom the market place can feel like you are being safely guided around a maze.

As mentioned on here already... I hope these raised concerns show how passionate many of us feel about the market place - NopCommerce continues to grow as a brand and will gain momentum in time so don't sacrifice its QUALITY!

Many thanks

Rob.
3 года назад
After reading 6 pages of what went on 4 to 5 months ago, I decided to write too. I will try to keep it short, but it won't. I am a store owner and also somewhat a developer. I started to run our eCommerce store back in 2004. it was based on classic ASP and served us well for 9 years until I decided a major change is required rather than a facelift which we had a number of times.

As I have been both running, developing and maintaining the web store I knew exactly what we needed but still it took me 4 full months before deciding to go with NopCommerce back in 2013. I wont mention the others here but there were quite a few options. I must say, the range of available plugins and this forum was the selling point and I went for NopCommerce 3.1 . I still had to do a lot of customisation to suit our requirements as Nopcommerce had some features missing compared to our old ASP based site.  Hence, I don't update when a new version is released. We went form 3.1 to 3.7 and now currently on 3.9.

Right now I am working on a new project for a good friend of mine as I have been recommending NopComerce for years. But I am somewhat surprised and also disappointed to see that rich marketplace is gone and we are left with "Haven't found a required plugin? Please contact us" message after a quick search.

On the other hand, I also agree with Andrei and his team that the market place did need a clean up and it was the right decision to remove all low quality plugins which had many bugs or simply did not do what it said would do on the tin. But I also hope that they review this new pay & publish policy so that end users like me can continue to find useful plugins easily.

I am sure both potential store owners or web design/dev agencies who are considering Nopcommerce would checkout available plugins. Having 300, instead of 1500 is definitely going to have a negative effect in their decision making. Perhaps those 1200 are low quality, with bugs, old versions or similar but they still do give the end user an idea as to what Nopcommerce is capable of doing. If this new policy of pay & list was in place back in 2013, I might not have chosen Nopcommerce but went for one of the other options.

Perhaps a pricing structure change, a commission based sales, an annual fee, or even a second URL to host those removed. One way or another, I hope the marketplace will blossom with more plugins and themes. And remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. :)
Volkan
3 года назад
volkanozer wrote:
After reading 6 pages of what went on 4 to 5 months ago, I decided to write too. I will try to keep it short, but it won't. I am a store owner and also somewhat a developer. I started to run our eCommerce store back in 2004. it was based on classic ASP and served us well for 9 years until I decided a major change is required rather than a facelift which we had a number of times.

As I have been both running, developing and maintaining the web store I knew exactly what we needed but still it took me 4 full months before deciding to go with NopCommerce back in 2013. I wont mention the others here but there were quite a few options. I must say, the range of available plugins and this forum was the selling point and I went for NopCommerce 3.1 . I still had to do a lot of customisation to suit our requirements as Nopcommerce had some features missing compared to our old ASP based site.  Hence, I don't update when a new version is released. We went form 3.1 to 3.7 and now currently on 3.9.

Right now I am working on a new project for a good friend of mine as I have been recommending NopComerce for years. But I am somewhat surprised and also disappointed to see that rich marketplace is gone and we are left with "Haven't found a required plugin? Please contact us" message after a quick search.

On the other hand, I also agree with Andrei and his team that the market place did need a clean up and it was the right decision to remove all low quality plugins which had many bugs or simply did not do what it said would do on the tin. But I also hope that they review this new pay & publish policy so that end users like me can continue to find useful plugins easily.

I am sure both potential store owners or web design/dev agencies who are considering Nopcommerce would checkout available plugins. Having 300, instead of 1500 is definitely going to have a negative effect in their decision making. Perhaps those 1200 are low quality, with bugs, old versions or similar but they still do give the end user an idea as to what Nopcommerce is capable of doing. If this new policy of pay & list was in place back in 2013, I might not have chosen Nopcommerce but went for one of the other options.

Perhaps a pricing structure change, a commission based sales, an annual fee, or even a second URL to host those removed. One way or another, I hope the marketplace will blossom with more plugins and themes. And remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. :)
Volkan

Hi.
I'd say those perfectly clear and good thoughts, and you've done an accurate analysis, so I agree with you 100 percent...  Although in my case I prefer: "...hope dies last" ;).
Best Regards.
3 года назад
First of all, hi to everyone.

As a new user, who is interested with migrating from anoher eCommerce, looking for a new solution for my store. As per my searching, would like to extend standard features, by the plugins. How new user, like me, is able to find plugins without marketplace listing all possible plugins? Most of my sales is thorw an etsy, but not able to find any for this ecommerce. Is there any way to search by the previous list of plugins? Current one return no result.
3 года назад
Hello,

Unfortunately you can't search a previous list... I think searching with Google is the best way to find plugins that are not listed here in the marketplace.

Kind regards, Stephan
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.